Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
timtam20292
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#3316 Post by timtam20292 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3317 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:15 pm

This arrived for me from the UK yesterday!

Always wanted to own a copy.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#3318 Post by HiTouch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:04 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Wow! A late Christmas surprise!

ChillyPhilly

#3319 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:32 pm

HiTouch wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Wow! A late Christmas surprise!
A great find.

I'll collaborate all its proposals into a Google map.

Waewick

#3320 Post by Waewick » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:32 am

I wasn't sure what a relevant forum would be for thus question, here seem appropriate

But posing the question, in a decade *fingers crossed* the north south freeway is done.

Has anyone started asking what's next?

ChillyPhilly

#3321 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:49 am

Waewick wrote:I wasn't sure what a relevant forum would be for thus question, here seem appropriate

But posing the question, in a decade *fingers crossed* the north south freeway is done.

I'd rather it be concurrent, but wholesale improvements to public transport infrastructure and services are key for Adelaide.

Rural infrastructure is in need of a big overhaul as well.

[Shuz]

#3322 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm

I think in terms of road infrastructure, the next "big one" will be the East West Link between the SE Freeway and the NS Motorway.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#3323 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Plasmatron wrote:Howdy all! I haven't made a new YouTube video for a while, but I took my drone down to Kingston Park recently, and this was the result of all my coastal footage recording. Feedback welcome.

What an amazing video [mention]Plasmatron [/mention]it must be the best I’ve seen in capturing the area!

I live in Marino so can’t wait to share this with some of our community groups here!

Our house was featured a little bit, but we’re closer to Marino Rocks lighthouse and the conservation park so there’s an idea for next time Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#3324 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:11 pm

rev wrote:
crawf wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:52 pm
Plasmatron wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:07 pm
Howdy all! I haven't made a new YouTube video for a while, but I took my drone down to Kingston Park recently, and this was the result of all my coastal footage recording. Feedback welcome.

Stunning!
Its definitely an under rated part of our city.
Totally agree on this area being underrated. Not many roads come through Kingston Park or Marino so it’s actually a bit of a hidden gem, but the views, conservation park and contrasting coastline are all really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waewick

#3325 Post by Waewick » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Waewick wrote:I wasn't sure what a relevant forum would be for thus question, here seem appropriate

I'd rather it be concurrent, but wholesale improvements to public transport infrastructure and services are key for Adelaide.

Absolutely, I feel that is going to take a Federal Government to help get that done. But a tram ring route around the city and something East should be a priority.

My pie in the sky vision, extending the dual carriage way from Nuriootpa to the Border near Renmark and then through to Victor.

Non stop highway coast to river in 4 hours and half (I'd add a train if I could).

Once that is done, Dual lane all the way to the Border near Mount Gambier.

Last edited by Waewick on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#3326 Post by Plasmatron » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:17 pm

Thanks for the support AndyWelsh, hope your fellow Marino residents are diggin' the sweeping aerial views too.

My next drone videos will be the city/CBD and West Lakes... so keep your eyes peeled for them, very soon!
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

SBD

#3327 Post by SBD » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:09 am

Waewick wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:

Absolutely, I feel that is going to take a Federal Government to help get that done. But a tram ring route around the city and something East should be a priority.

My pie in the sky vision, extending the dual carriage way from Nuriootpa to the Border near Renmark and then through to Victor.

Non stop highway coast to river in 4 hours and half (I'd add a train if I could).

Once that is done, Dual lane all the way to the Border near Mount Gambier.
I'd agree with most of the above big road projects, with a couple of adjustments:
  • Link the North-South Motorway and the South Eastern Freeway (I'd expect one party to propose the "Short South" feasibility study for the election)
  • Truro bybass (extending dual carriageway from Nuriootpa to the Murray Flats)
  • Duplicate Swanport Bridge (dual carriageway all the way to Tailem Bend without the narrow bottleneck river crossing)
Longer rural dual carriageway extensions are far enough out that they can only be visions, dependent on future road transport evolution - what effects might different fuel and vehicle autonomy have on future road needs (as well as any transfer back to rail). These could eventually be:
  • Sturt Highway rerouted south of Loxton
  • Dukes Highway to meet the Western Freeway gradually stretching out from Ballarat
  • Augusta Highway to Port Augusta
  • Riddoch Highway to Mount Gambier (but probably realigned to avoid Coonawarra)

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#3328 Post by Spotto » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:46 am

SBD wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:09 am
Duplicate Swanport Bridge (dual carriageway all the way to Tailem Bend without the narrow bottleneck river crossing)
This would have to be the dumbest decisions that actually occurred (not a plan that was envisioned) in Adelaide road planning history. You’ve got dual carriageway from not only one of the state’s main road routes, but National Highway 1 as well, either side of the bridge. How they never put two-and-two together and thought “maybe we need a duplicated bridge” I don’t know...

[Shuz]

#3329 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:09 am

Uh, quite simply because the traffic volume doesn't warrant it? I have never ever seen, nor heard of in my life, that there has been traffic congestion on this bridge so bad as to warrant duplication.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ho Really

#3330 Post by Ho Really » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:34 pm

Shuz, I've not heard of traffic jams on the Swanport either but I think for safety reasons it would be good to duplicate the bridge. All it takes is one bad accident and the road is blocked. Besides with the The Bend racetrack and the possibilities of staging international events who knows the volume of traffic in future. Just a thought.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.