News & Developments: Bowden TOD

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Developments: Bowden TOD

#571 Post by gnrc_louis » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:33 am

Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:26 am
Llessur2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:54 am
Yeah I really don't understand this. It was obviously the lesser of the two designs - crowded and unsympathetic. I'm hoping this is something Labor quietly drops after the election.
It's frustrating. They keep talking about the outcome for the community, but the only metric I can possibly see is raw "open space" percentage.

I've previously written to Malinauskas about this, back when it was first floated, and never received a reply. I struggle to see their angle, particularly when the winning proposal is far more inline with the original masterplan that was created under their watch!
“Open space” being of course in the crows bid a large expanse of grass, which the public can’t use for much of the time. Made even more absurd by the fact about 500m away there’s many large expanses of grass!

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#572 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:45 am

gnrc_louis wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:33 am
Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:26 am
Llessur2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:54 am
Yeah I really don't understand this. It was obviously the lesser of the two designs - crowded and unsympathetic. I'm hoping this is something Labor quietly drops after the election.
It's frustrating. They keep talking about the outcome for the community, but the only metric I can possibly see is raw "open space" percentage.

I've previously written to Malinauskas about this, back when it was first floated, and never received a reply. I struggle to see their angle, particularly when the winning proposal is far more inline with the original masterplan that was created under their watch!
“Open space” being of course in the crows bid a large expanse of grass, which the public can’t use for much of the time. Made even more absurd by the fact about 500m away there’s many large expanses of grass!
Exactly, I feel like a broken record explaining to people in the community that it's not useful open space. It's flat, open grass, with no shading or wind protection. It's only use is for kicking a ball around, which — unless you're playing an actual game — doesn't require a full size oval. I always point to the existing sports fields in the parklands. Outside of organised games the only people that venture out into them are groundskeepers. Everyone else keeps to the edges, where there are paths, trees, shade, landscaping, etc.

And yes, we already have a large expanse of grass across the road as you say! Guess how much the soccer fields are used when the junior soccer isn't on?

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#573 Post by A-Town » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:29 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:32 am
Labor talking about reviewing the crows bid if elected. It’s truly the fucking turd which won’t flush.
That's nothing more than a vote grab by Labor. Let's hope nothing comes of it.

Nathan

#574 Post by Nathan » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Mail drop from Malinauskas around Bowden/Brompton today:
gasworks.jpg

SBD

#575 Post by SBD » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Nathan wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:49 pm

gasworks.jpg
It says "appropriate green space" twice, and only promises a review. That sounds like a big loophole to be able to say "oh yeah, nobody has a picnic in the middle of an oval, so half of that 50% green space is wasted; the 25% option with trees is better after all."

I was surprised that Labor seem to have preferred the plan that just covered over contaminated land with an oval, as it might still need to be cleaned up eventually if the oval stops being the preferred use.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#576 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Nathan wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:49 pm

gasworks.jpg
This is ridiculous. As has been said already here, no one uses these giant fucking ovals for 95% of the time, and if they really want them, go to the fucking parklands 500m away! I really hope all the contracts have been signed so the dogshit crows proposal is consigned to history where it belongs.

Nathan

#577 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Article is behind the paywall, but new $55m office building from Emmett. Looks to be on Park Tce between Second and Third Streets.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business ... 26bfccbcf2

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#578 Post by gnrc_louis » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:09 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:04 pm
Article is behind the paywall, but new $55m office building from Emmett. Looks to be on Park Tce between Second and Third Streets.

Looks good. Was wondering what was planned for there and the neighbouring block between fourth and fifth street, any idea?

Nathan

#579 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:26 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:09 pm
Looks good. Was wondering what was planned for there and the neighbouring block between fourth and fifth street, any idea?
No idea what's happening on the old Plant 1 site between Fourth and Fifth. I believe the lot was purchased, around the time Plant 1 was demolished, but nothing has been lodged to date.

Something needs to be announced soon (anywhere in Bowden). The billboard for the Tapestry townhouses has just been updated to say Sold Out, which means there is nothing available off the plan at the moment (the only option is E78 further up Gibson St, which is outside the project area).

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#580 Post by rev » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:45 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Rather generic looking.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#581 Post by jk1237 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:36 am

Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:26 pm
Something needs to be announced soon (anywhere in Bowden). The billboard for the Tapestry townhouses has just been updated to say Sold Out, which means there is nothing available off the plan at the moment (the only option is E78 further up Gibson St, which is outside the project area).
yeah this is very fustrating, each development project is sold out yet it takes so long for the next stage to move on. Renewal SA (who apparently sells the land off for each stage) needs to give the developers a push along somehow

Nathan

#582 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:57 am

Couple of extra shots from CBRE:

EBG

#583 Post by EBG » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:30 pm

12/3/2022 project in second St (west) Bowden - now at level 6. please click on picture for bigger.
Attachments
20220312_bowden west.jpg

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#584 Post by NTRabbit » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:58 pm

I want to see the other proposals for the Gasworks site, because the winner is just about bereft of green space, I don't see how the additional retail and the hotel remotely fit in with any plan other than the one to help make Rob Lucas' post parliamentary life even more lucrative. It's a decision that definitely needs reviewing.

Nathan

#585 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:30 pm

NTRabbit wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:58 pm
I want to see the other proposals for the Gasworks site, because the winner is just about bereft of green space, I don't see how the additional retail and the hotel remotely fit in with any plan other than the one to help make Rob Lucas' post parliamentary life even more lucrative. It's a decision that definitely needs reviewing.
In the render, there's still a significant amount of public space. Some of it is paved, and not lawn, but I'm not of the belief that grass is the be all and end all of public space.
bowden.jpg