News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

#1651 Post by Nort » Thu May 09, 2024 8:42 am

It's sad to lose a physical venue like this but the building itself isn't that impressive and the business in it had failed, so time to let someone else try something new with the site.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1652 Post by Will » Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Work commencing soon on the new Panorama Hotel:

Hurley Hotel Group - Hospitality - $52 M
Sarah Constructions are excited to be delivering another hotel for the Hurley Group - The Hotel Panorama. The 5 story project will deliver a chic hospitality experience for patrons, with bistro dining, 3 ground floor bars and winter garden. The hotel above will include 77 accommodation rooms, function spaces plus a sky deck with panoramic views.

Project specs:

- Approximately 9829m2 over six levels

- Basement carparking facility

- 77 hotel accommodation rooms – over three levels

- External ramp and entry works

- Several hospitality facilities

- Gaming Room

- Vertical transportation

- Function spaces

- Gaming Area

- BOH, support and storage areas

The project is due for completion in late 2025.

baytram366
High Rise Poster!

#1653 Post by baytram366 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 pm

I take it "Vertical Transportation" translates to "Lifts"?
Baytram 366's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34520752@N07/collections

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#1654 Post by Mpol02 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:10 am

Where will this be located?
Will wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Sarah Constructions are excited to be delivering another hotel for the Hurley Group - The Hotel Panorama. The 5 story project will deliver a chic hospitality experience for patrons, with bistro dining, 3 ground floor bars and winter garden. The hotel above will include 77 accommodation rooms, function spaces plus a sky deck with panoramic views.

Project specs:

- Gaming Room

- Function spaces

- Gaming Area

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

#1655 Post by Vasco » Fri May 10, 2024 12:29 am

Mpol02 wrote:Where will this be located?
Will wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Project specs:

- Gaming Room

- Function spaces

- Gaming Area

Goodwood road, Old Panorama TAFE site, opposite the cemetery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#1656 Post by Mpol02 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 am

Great thanks for that

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#1657 Post by eKwatee » Fri May 17, 2024 7:49 pm

OUCH!!

This is going to upset a lot of people as the reforms come into effect immediately,

Govt strengthens urban tree protections
The state government has strengthened protection for trees in South Australia’s planning system – a move that has been enthusiastically welcomed by environmentalists and decried by the development lobbies.

https://www.indaily.com.au/news/2024/05 ... rotections

A couple of snippets of the article worth pointing out:

1. The 10 metre rule is now 3 metres "The parliamentary committee recommended abolishing South Australia’s “10-metre rule” whereby a property owner can legally remove a tree if it is within 10 metres of a house of swimming pool."

2. The trunk size definition for a regulated tree shrinks from two metres to one metre while significant trees go from three metres to two.

and of course, there's always a reason for the government to take more of our money. 3. The cost of removing a regulated tree rises from $326 to $1000 and from $489 to $1500 for a significant tree.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1658 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:33 pm

eKwatee wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:49 pm
OUCH!!

This is going to upset a lot of people as the reforms come into effect immediately,

The state government has strengthened protection for trees in South Australia’s planning system – a move that has been enthusiastically welcomed by environmentalists and decried by the development lobbies.

1. The 10 metre rule is now 3 metres "The parliamentary committee recommended abolishing South Australia’s “10-metre rule” whereby a property owner can legally remove a tree if it is within 10 metres of a house of swimming pool."

2. The trunk size definition for a regulated tree shrinks from two metres to one metre while significant trees go from three metres to two.

and of course, there's always a reason for the government to take more of our money. 3. The cost of removing a regulated tree rises from $326 to $1000 and from $489 to $1500 for a significant tree.
I don't hate this, and I'd go as far as to ask if the cost to remove a regulated/significant tree should be higher? Should the cost to remove a tree that has taken 100+ years to grow be more than $1500?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#1659 Post by gnrc_louis » Fri May 17, 2024 10:18 pm

eKwatee wrote:
OUCH!!

Yes, I much prefer living in a desolate wasteland suburb with no trees to drop leaves on my concrete and fake grass. Hell yeah dude!

abc
Legendary Member!

#1660 Post by abc » Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:18 pm
eKwatee wrote:
OUCH!!

Yes, I much prefer living in a desolate wasteland suburb with no trees to drop leaves on my concrete and fake grass. Hell yeah dude!
:roll:

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1661 Post by SBD » Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 pm

I live in a street right on the edge of the suburbs, in an estate that this release was opened for sale about 14 years ago. This release was marketed as being dotted with mature trees. I think the developers had removed as much as they could before it went on sale. I'd say about half of the remaining trees have gone away since, most at the time of house building. Each block sold had a "building envelope" marked to protect these remaining trees.

One of my neighbours, a few years after building his house (I assume inside the envelope) applied to remove the largest tree in the street, on the grounds that it was too close to the (aftermarket) verandah on his house, and as such a risk to his guests.

The tree remains (trimmed, I think) after a twenty-something page report to Council, with at least four arborist reports (the applicant's, the council's internal arborist, the applicant's second opinion, the council's external independent consultant. The council does have the ability to prevent destruction of significant landmark trees. It would be good if it was easier to protect them without so much effort, and a higher success rate.