News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#1081 Post by SRW » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Make the metro card available in smartphone wallets.
Keep Adelaide Weird

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1082 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon May 01, 2023 8:01 pm

Bus timetable changes from 1 May 2023.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about- ... 1-may-2023
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1083 Post by Norman » Tue May 02, 2023 9:09 am

SRW wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:53 pm
That would be a great idea, especially for tourists.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1084 Post by Brucetiki » Wed May 03, 2023 9:59 am

Norman wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:09 am
SRW wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:53 pm
That would be a great idea, especially for tourists.
I'm surprised that this isn't already a thing, but we're no orphans in this regard.

I think Myki is the only one that currently allows this, and even then it's limited to Android devices.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1085 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu May 04, 2023 1:50 pm

Types of contactless payments

Digital wallet (Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay)
https://transportnsw.info/tickets-opal/ ... s-payments

For NSW.

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1086 Post by PeFe » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:07 pm

Latest bus service changes

Bus service improvements
10 Jul 2023
From Monday 24 July, we're introducing bus service improvements across Adelaide to provide better frequency and give commuters better access to public transport.

Five areas of Adelaide will benefit from additional or enhanced bus services, including:

the new suburb of Riverlea Park, to be connected with Virginia, Salisbury and Elizabeth via new bus routes 402 and 450 (replacing bus route 900).
Lightsview with bus route 206 to be upgraded to ‘Go Zone’ frequency.
Croydon Park and Dudley Park with modified bus routes 230 and 232 returned via Days Road, Pym Street and Harrison Road.
Glenalta, Blackwood, Hawthorndene and Belair to receive more frequent trips to the City on weekends via bus routes 195 and 196.
Salisbury, Parafield Gardens, Paralowie and Mawson Lakes to receive timing changes to bus route 411 for better connectivity with rail services.

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about- ... ts-24-july
Details for each service change within the Adelaide Metro link.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1087 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:20 am

:wallbash: :wallbash: Still stuff all buses between Semaphore & Port Adelaide.

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#1088 Post by Spotto » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:19 pm

Trialling a free “Port Connector” between Port Adelaide and Semaphore Beach in the vein of the City Connector bus would be a great idea.

Could even be timed to sync up with the trains at Port Dock when/if the station ever opens?

PeFe

#1089 Post by PeFe » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:41 am

A "free connector" would never get off the ground, there is no money at Adelaide Metro to do that.....but does the local council run a community bus?

Personally I would like to see the 254 extended to Semaphore on a permanent basis. It already exists in this form as a night bus and would break the mould of all buses terminating at Port Adelaide.

There is even a way to pay for it. Delete the 157 section between Largs Bay and West Lakes and use those kilometres for the 254 Semaphore extension.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#1090 Post by Eurostar » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:48 pm

PeFe wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:41 am
A "free connector" would never get off the ground, there is no money at Adelaide Metro to do that.....but does the local council run a community bus?

Personally I would like to see the 254 extended to Semaphore on a permanent basis. It already exists in this form as a night bus and would break the mould of all buses terminating at Port Adelaide.

There is even a way to pay for it. Delete the 157 section between Largs Bay and West Lakes and use those kilometres for the 254 Semaphore extension.
Alternatively bring back 152 or put on more 333 (or a shortworking 333 between Port Adelaide and Semaphore)

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1091 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:26 pm

From Stop 40 Commercial Road over the Birkenhead Bridge, Semaphore rd, Causeway Rd into the Glanville bus station, Carlisle Street, Military Rd, Woolnough Rd, Semaphore Rd, Causeway Rd into the Glanville bus station, Jervois Bridge, End Stop 40 Commercial Road.

MT269
High Rise Poster!

#1092 Post by MT269 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:34 pm

Wouldn't this justify it's own thread?

I thought of rerouting the 157 onto Hart St, turning onto the Esplanade, right onto Semaphore Rd, and continuing as a 254 of some type to the city. I also fathomed the idea of the 150 being rerouted along Kolapore Avenue, and Wills St (via the theoretical location of the merged Largs and Peterhead stations).

It then turns right onto Fletcher Rd, and normal route to the CBD. This would account for the portion along Military Rd to a degree. But would not permit patrons boarding beyond Semaphore Rd to have a direct route to West Lakes.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#1093 Post by Honey of a City » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:50 pm

All good suggestions above. If light rail is out of the question how about a new electric bus shuttle service from Semaphore Jetty to Dock 2 Maritime Village (City of Adelaide Clipper Ship) via Semaphore Rd, Swan Tce, Hart St, Jervois Bridge, past Hart’s Mill, St Vincent St, new Port Dock Station, (with nearby new Dock1 footbridge just approved), and Perkins Drive (proposed new homemaker’s centre). Currently there’s no service at all on Semaphore Rd, Swan Tce or western St Vincent St. This would benefit tourists, visitors and currently underserviced locals as well as providing a great sightseeing trip for cruise ship visitors etc. Port Adelaide Council currently have community busses providing various assistance to residents, with volunteer drivers, so probably wouldn’t be able to run a regular schedule, but if Adelaide Metro won’t come to the party maybe the council could operate a service similar to the Adelaide City Connector.

rubberman

#1094 Post by rubberman » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Honey of a City wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:50 pm
All good suggestions above. If light rail is out of the question how about a new electric bus shuttle service from Semaphore Jetty to Dock 2 Maritime Village (City of Adelaide Clipper Ship) via Semaphore Rd, Swan Tce, Hart St, Jervois Bridge, past Hart’s Mill, St Vincent St, new Port Dock Station, (with nearby new Dock1 footbridge just approved), and Perkins Drive (proposed new homemaker’s centre). Currently there’s no service at all on Semaphore Rd, Swan Tce or western St Vincent St. This would benefit tourists, visitors and currently underserviced locals as well as providing a great sightseeing trip for cruise ship visitors etc. Port Adelaide Council currently have community busses providing various assistance to residents, with volunteer drivers, so probably wouldn’t be able to run a regular schedule, but if Adelaide Metro won’t come to the party maybe the council could operate a service similar to the Adelaide City Connector.
I'm not sure why light rail would be out of the question. It's more a question of whether the demand justifies it. AFAIK, nobody has done a study. So, impossible to know.

Full battery buses need hugely heavy batteries, so a hybrid trolleybus might be a better option. They have much smaller batteries, and charge on wires for part of the route, while not needing overhead wires in critical areas. They'd also be suitable for the O-Bahn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9S_ZTXseM

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1095 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:56 pm

Going green for a sustainable future,
The State Government is powering towards its goal of achieving net zero emissions by 2050. Cleaner, greener public transport is a win for South Australians and the environment.

More:
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about- ... ble-future