[CAN] 87 - 93 Angas Street | 30-62m | 9-21 lvls | Residential | Palladio

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
serca
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: PRO: Palladio | 72m | 21lvls | Residential

#76 Post by serca » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Ben wrote:Strange this one has gone quiet. Not even a sales office or information on the website.
Hope something happens one more exciting proposals in an area of the CBD itching for development

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#77 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 am

What happened to this?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#78 Post by Will » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Ben wrote:What happened to this?
It was most likely a speculative proposal designed to inflate the value of the land.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#79 Post by Howie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Rumour has it that a redesigned Palladio project has been submitted to the DAC this week. Stay tuned.

arki
High Rise Poster!

#80 Post by arki » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 am

Scaled down :(

The concept sounds interesting though.

City development aims to replicate sky-high suburbs in apartment buildings
The Advertiser 7/7/2014
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/realestat ... 6979741743
REPLICATING a suburban neighbourhood sky high in the middle of the Adelaide CBD is the aim of a unique apartment complex that dispenses with traditional corridors and lobbies.

The Palladio Property Group have lodged plans for a 152-apartment development on Angas St

that will be split into two buildings of eight and 13 storeys either side of Queen St.

If approved, it will be another feature of the city’s changing landscape with more than $300 million in investment across seven private tower projects approved in the last six months by the Development Assessment Commission.

Palladio proposal architect Paul Pruszinski said residents would reach their apartments via outdoor bridges and common garden and social areas on every floor, promoting a level of neighbourliness usually inhibited by high-rise design.

The proposal forms part of a trend among developers realising that many Adelaideans need the lure of suburban comforts to draw them to city living.

“There are no indoor common corridors. Apartment corridors generally inhibit neighbourhoods,” Mr Pruszinski said.

“You get to replicate a lot of suburban features, like you get to talk to your neighbour over the ‘fence’, only six storeys up.”

With a development value of $80 million, the project will also have 16 townhouses and a range of shops, offices and eateries at ground level with at least one carpark for each resident.

It is heavily scaled back from Palladio’s 2012 proposal for the site of six buildings as high as 19 storeys.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#81 Post by Nathan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 am

Doesn't look terribly exciting to be honest (although the brick podium is alright). Not sure about why the "outdoor bridges and common gardens" are such a big deal — the apartments I used to live in on Halifax St had those. Better than closed in corridors, sure, but it's not really a unique selling point.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#82 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 am

I'll reserve judgement until some more renders come out. It looks okay. In fact I prefer the look of the shorter building to the taller one. The brick façade is a nice touch.

I think it was a given this one was always going to be 'dumbed' down. The previous proposal was just an indication really of what could be achieved with the new height limits (as I remember it was the the first development proposed off the back of the height limit changes). It's just simply been changed to what they (and I) obviously believe is a realistic proposal for the Adelaide residential apartment market. Too many apartments, and you have an oversupply and less likelihood of it going ahead - which is what would have occurred under the previous proposal.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#83 Post by Norman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Agreed, this fits in much nicer with the existing area and won't stick out as much as the Optus building used to in the south.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#84 Post by ml69 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:19 pm

[Shuz] wrote:I'll reserve judgement until some more renders come out. It looks okay. In fact I prefer the look of the shorter building to the taller one. The brick façade is a nice touch.

I think it was a given this one was always going to be 'dumbed' down. The previous proposal was just an indication really of what could be achieved with the new height limits (as I remember it was the the first development proposed off the back of the height limit changes). It's just simply been changed to what they (and I) obviously believe is a realistic proposal for the Adelaide residential apartment market. Too many apartments, and you have an oversupply and less likelihood of it going ahead - which is what would have occurred under the previous proposal.
+1. Scale is about right for Angas St.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#85 Post by Will » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 pm

We are constantly told that the Adelaide market is conservative and resistive to new ideas.

As a result, many developers propose buildings that are rather plain, beige and not too tall. However, with the great success of Vue, I feel that maybe developers have underestimated the Adelaide market. Maybe people want to live in buildings taller than 15 level, maybe people want to live in building's with interesting architecture without faux sandstone.

The slow sales achieved by other, more conservative developments is probably testament to this.

And I fear, that by scaling down this proposal, the developers have committed the mistake of underestimating the Adelaide market, and proposing a development that is not too tall, not too interesting and just blends in with the other boxes available on the market.

arki
High Rise Poster!

#86 Post by arki » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 pm

I agree with that, while I think this is in a better location than VUE, if I had a choice between living at either of these two developments VUE would get my money any day of the week. To be honest I was never actively looking for a city apartment until VUE came along - the design and quality (we should hope) of that development made me want to live there.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#87 Post by Jaymz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Agreed. While I have bought a place in New Mayfield and am still happy with my purchase, if Vue had
been on the market at the same time, I would definately have preferred to buy into that. It's something
Adelaide hasn't seen before.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#88 Post by Dvious » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Sorry to be nosey Jaymz, but have you been given a start date on New Mayfield yet? Surely it would have to be sometime soon one would think?

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#89 Post by Jaymz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:01 pm

No definate start date yet Dvious. All purchasers did receive and email a few weeks ago stating that a start date
will be announced soon.......but nothing since. I'm certain that enough pre-sales have been achieved, so
would hope that it's sooner rather than later. A bit frustrating to be honest.

Also, since this is a thread about Palladio, I think that the new proposal is extremely yawn worthy. Just my 2 cents.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#90 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 am

This is now on public notification:

http://www.dac.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/ ... cation.pdf

This one I now consider boring and if it doesn't go ahead it would be no loss. Best chance of this going ahead is if it becomes a QUEST.

Very underwhelming.