[CAN] 87 - 93 Angas Street | 30-62m | 9-21 lvls | Residential | Palladio

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
david.c-s
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[CAN] Re: PRO: Palladio | 72m | 21lvls | Residential

#91 Post by david.c-s » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Ben wrote:This is now on public notification:

http://www.dac.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/ ... cation.pdf

This one I now consider boring and if it doesn't go ahead it would be no loss. Best chance of this going ahead is if it becomes a QUEST.

Very underwhelming.
I would agree is far from exciting but is a reasonable development right scale for the area and ties in with its surrounds .... Is a vast improvement over vacant allotments and derelict buildings of which Angas Street has no shortage
Using Tapatalk

arki
High Rise Poster!

#92 Post by arki » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:12 pm

This 'ties in with its surrounds' business is nonsense. Yes it is good that development will happen on derilict/empty sites but just because most of the new buildings around this site are yawnworthy doesn't mean we can't demand to see something inspiring built within the vicinity. Fair enough there are a few boring buildings around Angus St but do we really want an entire section of our CBD becoming so unattractive? At 13 floors this is still a fairly substantial development which I think would have benefited from a more appealing design.

Just look at the developments in South Yarra if you want to see where we should be heading with resi building design.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#93 Post by serca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Will wrote:We are constantly told that the Adelaide market is conservative and resistive to new ideas.

As a result, many developers propose buildings that are rather plain, beige and not too tall. However, with the great success of Vue, I feel that maybe developers have underestimated the Adelaide market. Maybe people want to live in buildings taller than 15 level, maybe people want to live in building's with interesting architecture without faux sandstone.

The slow sales achieved by other, more conservative developments is probably testament to this.

And I fear, that by scaling down this proposal, the developers have committed the mistake of underestimating the Adelaide market, and proposing a development that is not too tall, not too interesting and just blends in with the other boxes available on the market.
Well said !!! Also in todays market there are loads of international investors. They couldn't care less about maintaining the appeal of surroundings and or shadowing or flight plan issues . Bigger and bolder is more appealing to them and I would think most Adelaidian's. If you look at the Adelaide oval redevelopment, whilst they maintained some heritage aspects to the designs , it is bold , risky and unique . A lot of NIMBY's and people in general thought it would lose its charm and not fit into the parkland surrounds. WRONG!!! It has proven to be by far the best investment to the city and will now be the back bone of a modern riverbank precinct.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#94 Post by Nathan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Also on the 'tying in with surrounds', Angas St isn't completely conservative architecturally — just down the road is the Commonwealth Law Courts, SA Water Building, and the SAC Sports Centre. The new police headquarters directly across the road isn't as interesting, but even that isn't of the brick/faux-sandstone variety.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] APP: Palladio | 30-48m | 9-14lvls | Residential

#95 Post by Howie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 am

Pleased to report that Palladio was approved by the DAC today.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: APP: Palladio | 30-48m | 9-14lvls | Residential

#96 Post by Will » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

An application has been lodged with the ACC to fit-out the existing premises at 87-93 Angas Street into a showroom for this development.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: Palladio | 30-48m | 9-14lvls | Residential

#97 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:53 pm

This site is now for sale. The agents have it listed with a height limit of 22m even though there was a proposal approved for around 60m and is only a couple hundred m from Kodo which is 103m.

Being a site of over 1500sqm surely it would also satisfy catalyst site requirements (i.e. no height limit)?

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/for-s ... -504260440

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN] Re: 87 - 93 Angas Street | 30-62m | 9-21 lvls | Residential | Palladio

#98 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:22 pm

Agent clearly has it wrong. Definitely has no height limit.

Residents on Carrington Street might object to excessive height, but SAPC would have final say, not Council.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.