Is that in scope for this funding?rev wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 pmCan't they just even start with basic road maintenance projects. Our roads are disgraceful. Even when they re-lay bitumen it' still uneven.SBD wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pmIt's not clear when a project is advanced "too far" to qualify, nor what is "too early".rev wrote: ↑Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:00 amhttps://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... a9d2df66a7
Ah that old Olympic Dam promised pot of gold. Will it happen this time? Probably have a better chance of finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
And the red bit, has our state government got any projects identified?
Hopefully something in this list hits the sweet spot for readiness.
- Tenders have been accepted and contracts signed for Joy Baluch AM bridge, Copper Coast Highway bridge over Augusta Highway and duplication of the highway through Port Wakefield.
- Work has started on Goodwood and Springbank Roads
- Property has been acquired for Portrush and Magill Roads
- I think there has been some kind of announcement for a Fullarton Road intersection?
- Concept plans announced for Ovingham level crossing
- Pipe(tunnel) dream of finishing the North South Motorway
- Other level crossings and intersections need work but haven't been announced.
- Truro bypass, upgrade of heavy vehicle route between Princes and Sturt Highways
The problem with (some) roads is that the earth underneath moves enough that it would need a very deep footing to be able to stay smooth on top. Asphalt allows for some movement, but still not everything in all circumstances.