[PRO] Masonic Lodge | 183m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Capbld
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[PRO] Re: Masonic Lodge | 160m | 39lvls | Mixed Use

#316 Post by Capbld » Tue May 24, 2022 11:22 am

MicBara wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:12 pm
1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:26 pm
MicBara wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:14 pm
The "electric helicopter" looks like the all-seeing eye and the whole building looks like the bottom of a pyramid. What other masonic symbolism will be incorporated in the design?
Ha, you're right. It does look like their "eye" symbol, funny, but the engineers drew that diagram at ARUP.

The plan includes as much Masonic symbology as possible from the number of floors, steps, staircases, etc. and lots of hidden details. Unless you're a Freemason, you won't know what they mean (and neither will I).
Hi MicBara,

Obviously I imagine you cant give very much away and it is still very early days, but I am taking a keen eye on the note on this drawing that mentions "Hybrid Timber", as a very keen CLT/Mass Timber construction enthusiast, is the hybrid timber construction method something you are considering or committed to using on this project, akin in a way to the new Atlassian HQ in Sydney?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#317 Post by AG » Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am

Capbld wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:22 am

Hi MicBara,

Obviously I imagine you cant give very much away and it is still very early days, but I am taking a keen eye on the note on this drawing that mentions "Hybrid Timber", as a very keen CLT/Mass Timber construction enthusiast, is the hybrid timber construction method something you are considering or committed to using on this project, akin in a way to the new Atlassian HQ in Sydney?
Good pick up on the timber point. If the construction can get its timing right, it may well be able to make use of the new CLT timber manufacturing plant currently being built in Tarpeena in the south east.

MicBara
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#318 Post by MicBara » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:23 pm

Capbld wrote:
MicBara wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:12 pm
1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:26 pm

The "electric helicopter" looks like the all-seeing eye and the whole building looks like the bottom of a pyramid. What other masonic symbolism will be incorporated in the design?
Ha, you're right. It does look like their "eye" symbol, funny, but the engineers drew that diagram at ARUP.

The plan includes as much Masonic symbology as possible from the number of floors, steps, staircases, etc. and lots of hidden details. Unless you're a Freemason, you won't know what they mean (and neither will I).
Hi MicBara,

Hey mate, it's not so much that we can't give much away, it's that really we don't know yet. The engineering team have some fantastic people in this area but it's very much a supply question as well as a design one. The overall objective when it comes to sustainability is to "go as hard as we can" and then pair it back to a commercial model we can work with.

MicBara
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#319 Post by MicBara » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:26 pm

AG wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am
Capbld wrote:

Hi MicBara,

Good pick up on the timber point. If the construction can get its timing right, it may well be able to make use of the new CLT timber manufacturing plant currently being built in Tarpeena in the south east.
Ideally yes, considering nearly half of Australia's housing is built with GLT that comes from Russia this plant can't come soon enough!

MicBara
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#320 Post by MicBara » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:46 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:49 am
MicBara wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:24 pm
Here are some more cool renders.
First one is the front elevation, next are some concepts for the hotel lobby and lastly the view from the top.
More changes are likely, we're working with numerous hotel groups to refine the model and a lot of those conversations I simply can't share.

I'll probably push back lodging DA until August so we can make a stack of announcements all at once.
So your hopefully still pushing for 187 metres high then?
Hey sorry, missed this one. Ideally yes - we've got clear instructions to deliver something truly iconic with a focus on public space that everyone can enjoy.
That's why there are no apartments, there are better places to put housing -this building is all about enhancing our state's cultural boulevard on North Terrace and drawing people into the city to support our Rundle Street shop owners.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#321 Post by Mpol02 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Then let’s hope this goes up because it seems that for once, we have a development looking to tick all the right boxes.

Don’t get me wrong bum all for appartments but to see this as that chance to make something truly iconic for the state is wonderful

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#322 Post by A-Town » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:20 pm

MicBara wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:46 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
MicBara wrote:
First one is the front elevation, next are some concepts for the hotel lobby and lastly the view from the top.
More changes are likely, we're working with numerous hotel groups to refine the model and a lot of those conversations I simply can't share.

I'll probably push back lodging DA until August so we can make a stack of announcements all at once.
Hey sorry, missed this one. Ideally yes - we've got clear instructions to deliver something truly iconic with a focus on public space that everyone can enjoy.
That's why there are no apartments, there are better places to put housing -this building is all about enhancing our state's cultural boulevard on North Terrace and drawing people into the city to support our Rundle Street shop owners.
Sorry if it's already been mentioned before, but are there plans for an observation deck? That's something that Adelaide is missing

MicBara
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#323 Post by MicBara » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:47 pm

A-Town wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:20 pm
MicBara wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned before, but are there plans for an observation deck? That's something that Adelaide is missing
There are observation decks and there is what we're planning (and no it won't be a roller coaster at the top of a mall as much as I enjoyed Dazzle land as a kid) :D

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#324 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 pm

MicBara wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
MicBara wrote:

Absolutley FANTASTIC to hear! :D
Thankyou so much, this will truly be iconic for our city!
Cheers Micbara!!

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#325 Post by HiTouch » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:06 pm

Goodness this is so exciting!! :applause:

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#326 Post by A-Town » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:58 pm

MicBara wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:47 pm
A-Town wrote:
MicBara wrote:

There are observation decks and there is what we're planning (and no it won't be a roller coaster at the top of a mall as much as I enjoyed Dazzle land as a kid) :D
Brilliant, can't wait to see the plans! Thanks again for keeping us all updated :cheers:

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#327 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:43 pm

MicBara wrote:
A-Town wrote:
MicBara wrote:

Can you please put something like this on the building?

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#328 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:36 am

Shouldn't this be a proposal rather than a vision?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

MicBara
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#329 Post by MicBara » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 am

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:43 pm
MicBara wrote:
A-Town wrote:

Haha, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!
But seriously, there is some thought to how we deliver exciting experiences and embed them in the design rather than bolt them in afterwards.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#330 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:00 pm

MicBara wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 am
1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:43 pm
MicBara wrote:

Haha, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!
But seriously, there is some thought to how we deliver exciting experiences and embed them in the design rather than bolt them in afterwards.
Definitely light it up though in some way Micbara, maybe like the Effiel Tower perhaps?
I might be getting ahead of myself with that suggestion, but god wouldn't it just look incredible.
Attachments
f0e882143b29b4160701ce19279276d3.gif