[COM] Memorial Drive upgrade

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM] Re: Memorial Drive upgrade

#736 Post by rev » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:49 am

Algernon wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:58 am
rev wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:12 pm
Mpol02 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:43 pm
That’s not how prize money in tennis works, luv.
Yeh um, never stated or asked how it works.
But you enjoy your self.
You should ask. Every sport you have a crack at shouting your boganomics at, someone with knowledge of the sport schools you.
It was a simple idea, not a blueprint for the sport.
It wasn't a statement of how the sport works, or how it's prize money works. It wasn't even asked how/what, so the long winded responses from mpol, much like your trolling post now, aren't warranted.

So how's about you take your advice, and fuck off like you suggested.

Prodical
High Rise Poster!

#737 Post by Prodical » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:01 am

Is this the best we can do on this forum?

I am really interested in architecture and structures of all forms of building + the pleasure of seeing the city develop and grow after the decade + of stagnation in the 90s and early 2000s.

The personal attacks that now dominate this forum are pretty sad.

If people want to slug it out in the SA pub, that's fine - I avoid that place. But can I ask that posts be civil and focused on Adelaide, not on denigrating each other.

Thanks

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#738 Post by SRJ » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:45 pm

This show the stadium actually looks good and it is better than mediocre. You are entitled to your opinion of course but some on here do winge alot
Attachments
2217B3F4-4BDA-4FAE-97C1-27EE8D66E7C3.jpeg

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#739 Post by SRJ » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:48 pm

cmet wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:52 am
SRJ wrote:
cmet wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:42 pm
Have to say the venue/set up looks pretty average on the TV coverage
You sound like a true lefty. Sorry but we are always winging about something and how labor could do it better. Well they have been in power long enough and haven’t touched memorial drive. I don’t mean to sounds mean but I think the redevelopment is fine. The reason why we don’t have a proper stand on the west side is because the venue is going to be used for concerts. The stage will go up against the wall and the crowd will stand where the hospitality stand is currently. We are never going to get a rod lover arena set up here so let’s just enjoy what we got and stop winging. Not surprised the rest of the country looks at us as a backwater and no bands come here.
What are you talking about ImageImage you just know when someone starts an argument by calling someone a ‘true lefty’ that the rest of what they have to say isn’t worth listening to
When someone on here insults everything but then can’t handle
Being called a lefty you know they aren’t worth listening to

abc
Legendary Member!

#740 Post by abc » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:25 pm

SRJ wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:45 pm
This show the stadium actually looks good and it is better than mediocre. You are entitled to your opinion of course but some on here do winge alot
there were complaints from TV viewers about the shadows cast on the court due to the venue design

Cryptic
Gold-Member ;)

#741 Post by Cryptic » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:22 pm

abc wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:25 pm
SRJ wrote:
there were complaints from TV viewers about the shadows cast on the court due to the venue design
I assume you are talking about the roof's support beams? That is a slight issue but I don't think it makes the arena anything close to mediocre.

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#742 Post by SRJ » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:34 pm

abc wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:25 pm
[quote=SRJ post_id=208511 time=<a href="tel:1673234150">1673234150</a> user_id=6261]
[/quote]

Some people like to winge. The shadows are not as bad as other stadiums. All stadiums get shadows when played outside when the sun is out. While I agree that i wish it had a proper western stand,I don’t think the stadium is mediocre. The new stands are world class.

rev

#743 Post by rev » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:32 pm

SRJ wrote:
Show a photo from the other angle.

It's not about "liking a whinge". It's about wanting to see our city actually grow and prosper, not just the status quo maintained or some half assed attempt at a redevelopment that you'd expect losers like algeronon or mpol to be behind.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#744 Post by Mpol02 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:02 pm

I never said I was behind it, peasant. I did try and explain to you why they can’t just up prize money to some ridiculous sum.

I was trying to compare apples with apples. Other 250 events are held in venues much worse than ours (and some better). For what it is, it’s fine. Yeah it would be great for this to be a multi purpose venue that hosts numerous events and that has vision.

But as Nadal has said there’s no If if if. This is what’s transpired. The event is bringing in some major names name. With that, it should be able to grow.

Peasant.

rev

#745 Post by rev » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:34 pm

Mpol02 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:02 pm
I never said I was behind it, peasant. I did try and explain to you why they can’t just up prize money to some ridiculous sum.

I was trying to compare apples with apples. Other 250 events are held in venues much worse than ours (and some better). For what it is, it’s fine. Yeah it would be great for this to be a multi purpose venue that hosts numerous events and that has vision.

But as Nadal has said there’s no If if if. This is what’s transpired. The event is bringing in some major names name. With that, it should be able to grow.

Peasant.
Hush now, nobody cares about your explanation to a question that wasn't asked.
We're talking about the re-development it self again.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#746 Post by Mpol02 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:17 pm

But to properly use west and that you need to understand how tennis works to inform you of why certain decisions are made.

Given how big the tournament has been this year I can truly see it grown very quickly.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#747 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:20 pm

Memorial drive looks fantastic compared to other facilities used for tennis in this country (looking at you Pat Rafter Arena).

The upgrades have been great (especially now that court 1 has a similar roof on it now too).

Plus, on a side note, it's good to see they still use linespeople at the Adelaide International (as opposed to the Hawkeye live system used for the United Cup and Australian Open).

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#748 Post by Algernon » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:56 pm

SRJ wrote:
It looks kind of okay but this corner just lets it down big time. I wouldn't sit through a 3 setter with my neck straining. It kind of reminds me of some of the English football venues where the tradition is to not fill the corners and if they do, they don't angle around but rather look straight into another stand. Anfield is a classic case.

This strikes me as a classic 3rd court, certainly not a centrecourt.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#749 Post by Plasmatron » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:17 pm

Ahoy! I made a video about my experience at the Adelaide International a few weeks ago, seeing Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka play for the first time.

I thought forum members might be interested because there's lots of footage of the main court, along with the other courts and facilities in Memorial Drive.

https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#750 Post by Algernon » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Plasmatron wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:17 pm
Ahoy! I made a video about my experience at the Adelaide International a few weeks ago, seeing Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka play for the first time.

I thought forum members might be interested because there's lots of footage of the main court, along with the other courts and facilities in Memorial Drive.

Bit of a nod to the S-A community with the cheeky skyline shots at the end :D Great vid, thanks for sharing