[PRO] 292-300 Rundle Street | 68m | 21 Levels | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[PRO] Re: 292-300 Rundle Street | 68m | 21 Levels | Mixed Use

#226 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Thank God sanity has prevailed with this one. It was excessively tall for the area.

The horse has already bolted with excessive high rise developments nearby Rundle Street to the west of Frome Road.

We should be preserving what's left of the character and heritage and streetscape as much as possible in the section between Frome Street and East Terrace.

The planning policies should be reviewed and be even stricter to be honest for this section.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

dbl96
High Rise Poster!

#227 Post by dbl96 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:16 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:17 pm
Thank God sanity has prevailed with this one. It was excessively tall for the area.

The horse has already bolted with excessive high rise developments nearby Rundle Street to the west of Frome Road.

We should be preserving what's left of the character and heritage and streetscape as much as possible in the section between Frome Street and East Terrace.

The planning policies should be reviewed and be even stricter to be honest for this section.
Agreed. There are plenty of underdeveloped areas in the Adelaide CBD that would be suited to high-rise development - but this is not one of them.

The zoning needs to be changed to prevent these proposals getting up. Corresponding changes could be made to permit greater heights in areas where doing so won't impact heritage streetscapes.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#228 Post by rev » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:18 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Personally I don't find it as being too tall, but I agree to an extent about preserving the 'character' of Rundle.
The rear of the buildings fronting Rundle St should be the boundary where 'high rise' is allowed.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#229 Post by rhino » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:33 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:18 pm
Personally I don't find it as being too tall, but I agree to an extent about preserving the 'character' of Rundle.
The rear of the buildings fronting Rundle St should be the boundary where 'high rise' is allowed.
This is a good idea, though in my humble opinion, the "hi-rise" in this area (Frome St to East Tce) should be limited to 8 or 9 levels anyway.
cheers,
Rhino

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#230 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:29 am

Rumour on Triple M radio station this morning inferred that this has been relodged and is likely to be approved. The message conveyed was that it is going to be very high-end with apartments commencing at $4m each up to an extremely expensive penthouse.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#231 Post by Mpol02 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:27 pm

So long as the design isn’t a pile of dog shit like the previous proposals and so long as the people who buy these aren’t nimby maggots