Adelaide Oval news and events

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

Re: Adelaide Oval news and events

#286 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Following this week’s release by the State Government of the new Testing, Tracing, Isolation and Quarantining (TTIQ) model, the Board of the Stadium Management Authority has determined that Adelaide Oval will become a double COVID-19 vaccination only venue.

This decision, which comes into effect from Tuesday 23 November, applies to anyone aged 12 and over entering Adelaide Oval for any reason.
https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/news/ad ... quirement/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#287 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Will be interesting to see how this is enforced and managed. If you're required to show your Medicare app to old mate security guard as you go through the turnstiles it could slow entry down dramatically.

I wonder if there is some way this could be tied to your ticket and done before the gate? This could however make it susceptible to those looking to flaunt the rules.

Not a bad thing though
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#288 Post by Nathan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm
Will be interesting to see how this is enforced and managed. If you're required to show your Medicare app to old mate security guard as you go through the turnstiles it could slow entry down dramatically.

I wonder if there is some way this could be tied to your ticket and done before the gate? This could however make it susceptible to those looking to flaunt the rules.

Not a bad thing though
Wasn't there talk of integrating it with the QR checkin scanning? Not sure what the timeline of adding that is though. It is possible to add a certificate to Apple Wallet, and I believe there's something similar for Android devices too, but I don't think that many have done that.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#289 Post by rev » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Nathan wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:39 pm
SouthAussie94 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Not a bad thing though
Wasn't there talk of integrating it with the QR checkin scanning? Not sure what the timeline of adding that is though. It is possible to add a certificate to Apple Wallet, and I believe there's something similar for Android devices too, but I don't think that many have done that.
That's exactly what's going to happen. Then they'll come up with another way to streamline it. The technology for how it will work in the long run already exists.