[APP] 98-100 North Terrace | 79m | 23 Levels | Little National Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[APP] Re: 98-100 North Terrace | 67m | 17 Levels | Little National Hotel

#46 Post by SRW » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:42 pm

I hope they still retain the Metters façade.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#47 Post by Algernon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:53 am

I'm more interested in the restoration of the Metters facade than the tower itself. Most I really hope for from the tower development is that it doesn't detract from the podium.

I did a little digging in the state library to get an idea of what it originally looked like. The current windows definitely didn't seem to be in keeping with the historic nature of the building and my suspicion was correct. Thankfully, someone took a snap of it never thinking that it would be a random discussion point a century later :lol:

https://collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/resource/B+4786

So, according to the render of the last known approved design, the ground floor will have the original glass frontage reinstated (although not to exact detail I'd say). That really surprised me that a building of this era had a full glass frontage at street level. The next floor is totally different, but in this case I respect the design choice to really open up the facade with full panel glass and let the existing built form do all the talking here.I can live with this (although standard disclaimer: glass is really easy to fuck up, especially if someone value manages it and goes for something cheap).

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#48 Post by SRW » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Algernon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:53 am
I'm more interested in the restoration of the Metters facade than the tower itself. Most I really hope for from the tower development is that it doesn't detract from the podium.

I did a little digging in the state library to get an idea of what it originally looked like. The current windows definitely didn't seem to be in keeping with the historic nature of the building and my suspicion was correct. Thankfully, someone took a snap of it never thinking that it would be a random discussion point a century later :lol:

https://collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/resource/B+4786

So, according to the render of the last known approved design, the ground floor will have the original glass frontage reinstated (although not to exact detail I'd say). That really surprised me that a building of this era had a full glass frontage at street level. The next floor is totally different, but in this case I respect the design choice to really open up the facade with full panel glass and let the existing built form do all the talking here.I can live with this (although standard disclaimer: glass is really easy to fuck up, especially if someone value manages it and goes for something cheap).
Agreed, that reference photo is lovely. It's a more elegant version of the Dun & Bradstreet building on Currie Street which I also really adore.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#49 Post by Ben » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:15 am

Amended application now lodged.
98-100 NORTH TCE ADELAIDE SA 5000
UNDER ASSESSMENT
Description
Demolition of existing building structures and construction of 23 level building comprising hotel, cafe, and bar
Application ID

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

[APP] Re: 98-100 North Terrace | ~85m | 23 Levels | Little National Hotel

#50 Post by gnrc_louis » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Hope it gets rejected and they’re forced to retain the facade.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#51 Post by timtam20292 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:40 pm

This was posted 3 days ago.
Little National heads south with construction to begin on Adelaide hotel

by Ruth Hogan
March 21, 2022

Doma Group is bringing its boutique hotel brand Little National to Adelaide, with construction of a 23-storey hotel to commence in October 2022.

The Adelaide hotel, which will be located at 100 North Terrace, will be the fourth from the affordable luxury brand, following the success of Little National in Canberra and Sydney, and a Newcastle property which is set to open in 2023.

“We are thrilled to be bringing our hotel offering to Adelaide,” said Doma Director of Hotels, Patrick Lonergan.

“The Little National Hotel product is on the mark for today’s savvy and sophisticated traveller, delivered at a reasonable price point.”

The property will feature 140 standard rooms, 26 ‘big’ rooms and 48 one- and two-bedroom suites across 18 levels, as well as a two-storey private lounge and public bar, both of which will offer 360-degree views of the Adelaide Hills, ocean and riverfront parkland.

Commenting on the choice of location, Lonergan said it’s “all about walkability”.

“The hotel is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Oval, and all the food and beverage facilities of the Leigh and Peel laneways as well as the emerging Hindley Street entertainment facilities including the Hindley Street Music Hall,” he said.

“Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, Little National Hotel has it all in a heartbeat.”

Doma has appointed leading architects from Bates Smart to lead the project, while renowned interior architects, Luchetti Krelle, will be responsible for the 400sqm rooftop bar and outdoor terrace on Level 23 that will be open to the public.

Level 22 will feature Adelaide’s version of the signature Little National Hotel Lounge, exclusively for guests, with large workspaces, private booths for video calls and a lounge bar, while formal meeting rooms are available on the first floor.

In line with the brand’s focus on health and wellbeing, the hotel will also include a 250sqm commercial grade gym on the first floor.

Construction of Little National Hotel Adelaide is expected to be completed in mid-2024.
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2022 ... -adelaide/

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#52 Post by gnrc_louis » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:37 pm

timtam20292 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:40 pm
This was posted 3 days ago.
Little National heads south with construction to begin on Adelaide hotel

by Ruth Hogan
March 21, 2022

Doma Group is bringing its boutique hotel brand Little National to Adelaide, with construction of a 23-storey hotel to commence in October 2022.

The Adelaide hotel, which will be located at 100 North Terrace, will be the fourth from the affordable luxury brand, following the success of Little National in Canberra and Sydney, and a Newcastle property which is set to open in 2023.

“We are thrilled to be bringing our hotel offering to Adelaide,” said Doma Director of Hotels, Patrick Lonergan.

“The Little National Hotel product is on the mark for today’s savvy and sophisticated traveller, delivered at a reasonable price point.”

The property will feature 140 standard rooms, 26 ‘big’ rooms and 48 one- and two-bedroom suites across 18 levels, as well as a two-storey private lounge and public bar, both of which will offer 360-degree views of the Adelaide Hills, ocean and riverfront parkland.

Commenting on the choice of location, Lonergan said it’s “all about walkability”.

“The hotel is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Oval, and all the food and beverage facilities of the Leigh and Peel laneways as well as the emerging Hindley Street entertainment facilities including the Hindley Street Music Hall,” he said.

“Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, Little National Hotel has it all in a heartbeat.”

Doma has appointed leading architects from Bates Smart to lead the project, while renowned interior architects, Luchetti Krelle, will be responsible for the 400sqm rooftop bar and outdoor terrace on Level 23 that will be open to the public.

Level 22 will feature Adelaide’s version of the signature Little National Hotel Lounge, exclusively for guests, with large workspaces, private booths for video calls and a lounge bar, while formal meeting rooms are available on the first floor.

In line with the brand’s focus on health and wellbeing, the hotel will also include a 250sqm commercial grade gym on the first floor.

Construction of Little National Hotel Adelaide is expected to be completed in mid-2024.
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2022 ... -adelaide/
Looks alright, but again - keep the fucking facade!

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#53 Post by Alyx » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:14 pm

Algernon

#54 Post by Algernon » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:44 pm

They can stick their "can't believe it's not concrete cancer" podium finish up their arse

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#55 Post by Jaymz » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm

That in all seriousness looks pretty ugly :o

[Shuz]

#56 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:11 pm

The fuck is this?

SCAP, reject it.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#57 Post by Nathan » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:27 pm

I like it more than its two neighbours.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#58 Post by AG » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:17 am

It was only about 20 years ago The Embassy to the right on this proposal was completed and was the first high-rise apartment building in Adelaide, followed by Horizon Apartments to the left. Now we are just getting around to building new apartment buildings 3-4 times higher.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#59 Post by HiTouch » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:56 am

It really doesn't look that bad.

Prodical
High Rise Poster!

#60 Post by Prodical » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Let's not forget that the original Horizon proposal was for 22 floors, including a Japanese restaurant on the top floor.

The Council insisted the height be reduced - the State Bank pyramid skyline bollocks - before approving it. Presto - the Japanese restaurant was removed.

AlthoughSCAP has its detractors, thank goodness the future skyline of Adelaide is no longer reliant on the whim of functionaries.