Bus contract overhauls - Our suggestions

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Westside
High Rise Poster!

Bus contract overhauls - Our suggestions

#1 Post by Westside » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Given the drastic changes that are proposed to other contract areas, I was thinking about what a significantly overhauled Outer North area would look like. I believe that the outer suburbs have long since deserved high-frequency and more direct routes. I think there are also a lot of routes that can be consolidated to make this happen. So I've put together some of my ideas:

Go Zones
222 – City to Mawson Station via Main North Rd and Mawson Lakes
410 – Mawson Station to Elizabeth Station via Parafield Gardens, Paralowie, Burton, Salisbury Station, Lyell McEwin, Elizabeth Grove and Elizabeth East
444 – Elizabeth Station to Smithfield Station via Elizabeth Park, Craigmore and Blakeview
450 – Elizabeth Station to Munno Para Centre via Davoren Park, Andrews Farm and Playford Alive
574,578 – TTP to Mawson Station via Montague Rd and Uni SA

Other Routes
400 – Paralowie to Salisbury Centre via Bolivar Rd, Salisbury North and Salisbury Station
415 – Mawson Station to Golden Grove via Parafield Gardens, Paralowie, Salisbury Downs, Salisbury Station, Salisbury Plain, Salisbury Park, Salisbury Heights, Greenwith and Atlantis Dr
421 – Salisbury Station to DSTO and BAE (Unchanged)
425 – Salisbury Centre to Mawson Station via Salisbury Station, Salisbury Hwy, Parafield Station, Salisbury South, Salisbury East, Para Hills, Pooraka, and Uni SA
446 – Elizabeth Station to Smithfield Station via Elizabeth North, Elizabeth Downs and Craigmore
453 – Elizabeth Station to Munno Para Loop via Elizabeth Park, Womma Rd, Penfield, Smithfield Station, Munno Para, Munno Para Station and return
461 – Munno Para Centre to Munno Para West Loop via Smithfield Station, Smithfield Plains, Munno Para West and return
462 - Munno Para Centre to Angle Vale via Smithfield Station, Smithfield Plains, Munno Para West, Angle Vale and return
566 – Mawson Station to Golden Grove via Uni SA, Para Hills West, Para Hills, Gulfview Heights and Wynn Vale
574 – TTP to Elizabeth Station via Montague Rd, Uni SA, Salisbury Rd, Parafield Station, Salisbury South, Brahma Lodge, Salisbury Station, Lyell McEwin and Phillip Hwy
578 – TTP to Elizabeth Station via Montague Rd, Uni SA, Main North Rd, Lyell McEwin, Hillbank and Elizabeth East
900 – Mawson Station to Salisbury Station via Virginia – extended via Coratina Rd
N224 - City to Elizabeth Station (current route truncated to Elizabeth)

Other changes
18 – City to TTP (current 203) – detour from Fairfax Rd, Leichardt, Sloan, Maxwell, Robert then current route from Milne Rd
30 – Golden Grove to Elizabeth (current J1) – now all stops
54 – City to Mawson Station (current 501) – detour via current 202 to Bridge Rd, then Montague Rd

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

Re: Bus contract overhauls - Our suggestions

#2 Post by Eurostar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 pm

I would like to see most 440s extended to Hewett via Main North Road, Trinity Drive, Adelaide Road,
19th Street, Gawler Station, 19th Street, Adelaide Road, Murray Street, Main North Road, Willaston and Hewett.

Also the 461 and 462 merged into one route then extended to Gawler East via Angle Vale,
Gawler Green, Gawler West, Gawler Station, Murray Street and existing 492 route but extended to Springwood.

BAROSSA

1400) Gawler to Nuriootpa via Barossa Valley Way (Lyndoch and Tanunda

1401) Gawler to Kapunda via Thiele Highway including Freeling Town Centre.

1402) Nuriootpa to Angaston

Trial 1403) Lyndoch to Williamstown via Cockatoo Valley, Whispering Wall ( via Whispering Wall only on Summer Weekends Only).

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by SBD » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:13 am

Eurostar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 pm
I would like to see most 440s extended to Hewett via Main North Road, Trinity Drive, Adelaide Road,
19th Street, Gawler Station, 19th Street, Adelaide Road, Murray Street, Main North Road, Willaston and Hewett.

Also the 461 and 462 merged into one route then extended to Gawler East via Angle Vale,
Gawler Green, Gawler West, Gawler Station, Murray Street and existing 492 route but extended to Springwood.

BAROSSA

1400) Gawler to Nuriootpa via Barossa Valley Way (Lyndoch and Tanunda

1401) Gawler to Kapunda via Thiele Highway including Freeling Town Centre.

1402) Nuriootpa to Angaston

Trial 1403) Lyndoch to Williamstown via Cockatoo Valley, Whispering Wall ( via Whispering Wall only on Summer Weekends Only).
Merging 461 and 462 would reduce the service utility for one or the other because there is no crossing of the Northern Expressway at Fradd Road.

I agree about extending the Angle Vale service to Gawler through Evanston and Gawler Green, or via Ryde Street to the western side of Gawler station.

Westside
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by Westside » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the massive suburban loop. I think you can combine and split with some of the other cross-suburban routes to provide much greater utility. I propose adjusting the 300/301, 312, 313 and 321 into three connector routes. This provides greater options for West Beach residents, brings back a bus route to Henley Beach South, connects West Lakes to Arndale and brings back much of the old 345. Connections between services can be provided on Military Rd West Beach, QEH and Mitcham Sq.

Suburban Connector – 301 – West Lakes to Glenelg
via Trimmer Pde, QEH (conn. 302 from Airport), Arndale I/C, Regency Rd, Klemzig I/C Portrush Rd, Cross Rd, Mitcham Sq, Grange Rd, Castle Plaza, Bray and Cliff sts
Airport Connector - 302 – Port Adelaide to Harbour Town
via Port Rd, QEH (conn. From Arndale), Findon Rd, Airport (conn. 1 from city), Sir DB Dr and West Beach (conn. 303 to Glenelg)
Coastal Connector - 303 – Port Adelaide to Mitcham Sq
via Bower Rd, Bartley Tce, West Lakes I/C, Tapleys Hill Rd, Henley Beach Rd (conn 19 from city), Lexington Rd, Seaview Rd, West Beach (conn. 302 from Airport), Military Rd, Glenelg, Diagonal Rd, Oaklands Stn, Marion I/C, Flinders MC, Flinders Uni, Springbank Rd and Belair Rd

(sorry Port Adelaide cuts off, this was the best map to describe the above routes)

ginzahikari
Gold-Member ;)

#5 Post by ginzahikari » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 pm

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Sorry for bringing this up in a dead thread, here's another proposal that I've made... feel free to give me any comments.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6 Post by Norman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:39 pm

ginzahikari wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Sorry for bringing this up in a dead thread, here's another proposal that I've made... feel free to give me any comments.
Wow, that is very extensive, and well put together. Great job 👍🏼

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#7 Post by SBD » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Norman wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:39 pm
ginzahikari wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Wow, that is very extensive, and well put together. Great job 👍🏼
You have done a lot of work!

You've probably noticed I respond to the northern suburbs. I like your adjustments through Eyre, Andrews Farm, Munno Para West. Blakeview (your route 652) needs some adjustment though:
  • There is no right turn option off of Main North Road at that intersection. There will eventually be traffic lights into Blakeview Grove opposite Karri Street a bit further north
  • It should use Kingate Boulevard instead of Springvale Drive through the Blakeview Grove/Knightsbridge/Springvale Heights area
Also, the Roseworthy railway line needs a station at Redbanks Road to serve Xavier College (which would also become park-and-ride for areas to the northwest towards Mallala)

I notice you continue the current thinking that blue collar employment areas don't need public transport - Wingfield, Penfield, Edinburgh/North etc