[COM] 52-66 King William Street | 65m | 15 Levels | Southern Cross Arcade

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ursus Maritimus
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: 52-66 King William Street | 65m | 15 Levels | Southern Cross Arcade

#376 Post by Ursus Maritimus » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 am

Jaymz wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:13 am
NAB will also be moving into this one. From todays online version of The Advertiser.....

Charter Hall secures NAB as tenant in $450m King William St tower
NAB has signed on as a third tenant in Charter Hall’s $450m office project on King William St, which is nearly fully leased six months ahead of completion.

Giuseppe Tauriello
November 29, 2022 - 12:00AM
The Australian Business Network

Charter Hall’s $450m office development in Adelaide is nearly fully leased six months ahead of completion after the property giant secured NAB as a third tenant for the building.

The bank will relocate from its long-standing city headquarters further north on King William St, joining Services Australia and Telstra in the tower, which is currently under construction at the former Southern Cross Arcade site.

NAB will occupy about 3700sq m of space across two levels of the 14-level building, at 60 King William St, down from more than 6000sq m in its current home.

Under a 10-year lease, it will also occupy a further 255sq m on the ground floor, at the King William St entrance to the King’s Lane retail mall which will link King William St with James Place.

NAB executive for enterprise operations Quentin Boyes said the move would provide an “outstanding workplace” for staff.

“60 King William presents a great opportunity for our people to collaborate in a flexible, state-of-the-art office with modern workspaces that are ideal for our hybrid workforce,” he said.

On that note regarding hybrid work, my colleagues at Services Australia have mentioned a rumour that 60 King William St will have only 100 desks allocated to our division, while our division is a lot more than 100 staff. No one is suggesting that the division will shrink, so people are concerned that we will be forced into hot-desking. In addition or in the alternative, some roles might become pure work from home or hybrid. Thus far, Services Australia has been very reluctant to allow work from home since the lockdowns ended.

Supposedly our division, which currently occupies several floors, will be consolidated into one. However, a very rough back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests that each floor of 60 King William Street is literally ten times the area of my current floor.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#377 Post by rev » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:52 pm

Ursus Maritimus wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 am
On that note regarding hybrid work, my colleagues at Services Australia have mentioned a rumour that 60 King William St will have only 100 desks allocated to our division, while our division is a lot more than 100 staff. No one is suggesting that the division will shrink, so people are concerned that we will be forced into hot-desking. In addition or in the alternative, some roles might become pure work from home or hybrid. Thus far, Services Australia has been very reluctant to allow work from home since the lockdowns ended.

Supposedly our division, which currently occupies several floors, will be consolidated into one. However, a very rough back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests that each floor of 60 King William Street is literally ten times the area of my current floor.
Whats wrong with hot desking? Police don't get their own individual patrol vehicles, its not economical and a waste of tax payers money.
If your jobs can be done in a hybrid mix, then that's a good thing. Saves us taxpayers having to fund personalised work stations for every public sector worker.
Ive seen enough in the corporate world where people get upset over someone touching "their" chair lol.

Out of curiosity, are the majority of your teams roles fte or perm-part time?

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#378 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:01 pm

New renders from the Tiser
Attachments
p5.jpg
p4.jpg
p3.jpg

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#379 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Couple more
Attachments
p2.jpg
p1.jpg

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#380 Post by Nort » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:07 pm

Higher resolution versions of the above were shared a couple of pages ago: viewtopic.php?t=7166&start=315

Ursus Maritimus
High Rise Poster!

#381 Post by Ursus Maritimus » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:34 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:52 pm
Ursus Maritimus wrote:

Whats wrong with hot desking? Police don't get their own individual patrol vehicles, its not economical and a waste of tax payers money.
If your jobs can be done in a hybrid mix, then that's a good thing. Saves us taxpayers having to fund personalised work stations for every public sector worker.
Ive seen enough in the corporate world where people get upset over someone touching "their" chair lol.

Call me spoiled, but I and many people dislike hot-desking because changing desks is annoying. Everyone sets up their chair, monitors, PC settings, browser bookmarks etc differently. Ask any desk job worker if they mind hot desking, and the majority will say yes, they do mind. It's not the end of the world though. I don't have figures, but in our division about two thirds of staff are full-time, and the part-timers generally work at least three days per week.

Today we were informed of a tentative (and wide) window for moving in: 1 July to 30 September, 2023. Over the last few months just eyeballing the construction, I've been guessing September.

Algernon

#382 Post by Algernon » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:00 am

Ursus Maritimus wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:34 pm
rev wrote:
Ursus Maritimus wrote:

Call me spoiled, but I and many people dislike hot-desking because changing desks is annoying. Everyone sets up their chair, monitors, PC settings, browser bookmarks etc differently. Ask any desk job worker if they mind hot desking, and the majority will say yes, they do mind. It's not the end of the world though. I don't have figures, but in our division about two thirds of staff are full-time, and the part-timers generally work at least three days per week.

Today we were informed of a tentative (and wide) window for moving in: 1 July to 30 September, 2023. Over the last few months just eyeballing the construction, I've been guessing September.
My last company was hot desking. All of the settings, bookmarks etc were in the Google profile. People would race to get away from computers they didn't want more than have a favourite. Funny things like "the sticky spacebar" etc. Dunno how your IT is setup or which products you use, but hot desking can be seemless with the right setup. You're not locked into all Microsoft by any chance?

abc
Legendary Member!

#383 Post by abc » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Algernon wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:00 am
Ursus Maritimus wrote:
rev wrote:

My last company was hot desking. All of the settings, bookmarks etc were in the Google profile. People would race to get away from computers they didn't want more than have a favourite. Funny things like "the sticky spacebar" etc. Dunno how your IT is setup or which products you use, but hot desking can be seemless with the right setup. You're not locked into all Microsoft by any chance?
I've yet to hear any benefits of hot desking. Its a return to typing pool culture of the 1960s.
More workers per square metre of office space seems to be the rationale.

Llessur2002

#384 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:44 pm

It depends how it's done - one of the previous companies I worked for employed hot desking but it was very flexible in regards to the variety of work spaces available. For example on any given day (or part thereof) you could choose to work from a anywhere in the office, at a desk, in the cafe area, in a single room, at a stand up desk, at a high table with a stool, on a sofa or armchair etc. It offered quite a lot of benefits in terms of being able to sit with different colleagues from different parts of the business at different times depending on what was being worked on, plus from an ergonomic perspective it's nice not being restricted to the same desk with the same bog standard office chair every day.

However, for most employers I suspect hot desking equates to multiple identical desks and identical chairs - in which case the benefits are more limited.

At the end of the day I think there has to be a trade-off. I really value the flexibility that COVID has brought to working arrangements - being able to work from home for one or two days a week has brought significant benefits to our family and saves us a fair chunk of money too. If my employer decided they didn't want to lease office space for 5 days a week for a person who's only there three days a week then I would probably accept this as part of that deal.
Last edited by Llessur2002 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ursus Maritimus
High Rise Poster!

#385 Post by Ursus Maritimus » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 pm

Algernon wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:00 am
Ursus Maritimus wrote:
rev wrote:

We are, but that's another story. Our PC machines haven't been changed for a while - I'm pretty sure they're holding off on upgrading them until the move. Those renders of the lobby look very inviting. It can help set the tone for your day when you walk into a nice lobby - I'm serious.

abc
Legendary Member!

#386 Post by abc » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:46 pm

this building will have facial recognition surveillance built in too, so everyone can feel safe when they start their day

ChillyPhilly

#387 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:11 am

A quick one from yesterday. Glazing almost completed.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#388 Post by Ben » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:05 am

Crane coming down today.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#389 Post by Norman » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:01 pm

One from me as well

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#390 Post by Mpol02 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:47 pm

A real shame this wasn’t taller but a great little addition none the less!