New City Arena

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: New City Arena

#271 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:00 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:The councils opinion on the Arena has changed overnight, they are now in support.

Just posted 35 minutes ago:

"Council backflips – arena on the parklands gets OK
Adelaide City Council has sided with the state government and dropped its opposition to a proposed $662m entertainment arena in the parklands."

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscrib ... our=append
I mean, I don't want to insinuate effective bribery from Steven Marshall...
No that's not what happened, it was Vinny. He had a meeting. Presented articles to the council.
Its going to be 250m tall and clad in glass.

rev

#272 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:13 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 am
Jason Dolmen, former assistant town planner of the city of Melbourne. Visiting a family member in the palliative care unit at the RAH, offered to chat with me on the subject. He agrees with me, says the restrictions aren't "Reasonable nor valid" for the East end of the city not impacted by the passing air traffic over 4km away.
I'm arranging some meetings with architecture students from the University of South Australia, to gather some more points of view and opinions from the experts.
Also, I don't care about your opinion on the matter, I'll do want when I want regardless of your whingeing. A poindexter's opinion like yourself doesn't mean the slightest when It comes to serious matters.

"There's no point in trying further to be serious in interactions with you, when multiple people who've worked in the industry, who have contacts in the industry are telling you (multiple times) how things really are and you ignore it and call it opinions because you're an ignorant dumb ass without a clue. "

A whopping one person came out and said they work in the industry to me, "multiple people" is another example of desperation from you. I'm sure the one and only "Patrick the expert" has managed events of 50,000 people at the Adelaide oval, aswell as rolling stones, AC DC, Midnight Oil, and Adele like the director of tiktek. You BS is hilarious rev. And yet he hasn't named any contacts. Even if hes got any they probably manage a guitarist playing at rundell mall.

Your the ignorant dumbass without any evidence
Just opinion. No facts. No articles as evidence. Sound familiar?

You can't even comprehend what's being said to you, you're fixated on 200m tall buildings clad in glass.
Whats happened Mr town planner shot caller, did you discover Google images and wet your self?

You've show zero evidence for your arguments.
What you think is evidence is media articles and a comment from someone with an interest in seeing a new venue that will benefit his business' bottom line (the fact it has to be spelled out to you LOL), and call it an undisputable fact based argument.
Yet when people woth either industry experience or contacts in said industry have told you you're wrong (that a new stadium won't result in every tour stopping by in Adelaide), you dismiss it as an opinion.

You're a clown.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#273 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:21 am

I'm arranging some meetings with architecture students from the University of South Australia, to gather some more points of view and opinions from the experts.
Architecture is involved in the design of buildings. They don't plan cities. There's a major difference. You're better off meeting with Urban Planners, whose job it is to assess proposed development against the planning rules and develop planning policies. Architects merely design buildings that have to comply with those rules.

Also, university students are not experts. They might know more than the average joe, but they have zero influence, zero, if very little, real world work experience in the field and are merely glorified armchair experts.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#274 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:21 am
Architecture is involved in the design of buildings. They don't plan cities. There's a major difference. You're better off meeting with Urban Planners, whose job it is to assess proposed development against the planning rules and develop planning policies. Architects merely design buildings that have to comply with those rules.

Also, university students are not experts. They might know more than the average joe, but they have zero influence, zero, if very little, real world work experience in the field and are merely glorified armchair experts.
oh no that's just a university friends group. We hang out about once a week and discuss the skyline, I'll get their thoughts on it.

rev

#275 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:52 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am
[Shuz] wrote:

oh no that's just a university friends group. We hang out about once a week and discuss the skyline, I'll get their thoughts on it.
Peoples opinions, thoughts, are now your evidence? As long as it gels with your opinion right.

But you dismiss peoples experience and knowledge here, as opinions.

Ahh, seems you're a university student based on your post. Wowee, wait until the reality that the real world is not sim city smacks you in the face.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#276 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 am

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:13 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Jason Dolmen, former assistant town planner of the city of Melbourne. Visiting a family member in the palliative care unit at the RAH, offered to chat with me on the subject. He agrees with me, says the restrictions aren't "Reasonable nor valid" for the East end of the city not impacted by the passing air traffic over 4km away.
Also, I don't care about your opinion on the matter, I'll do want when I want regardless of your whingeing. A poindexter's opinion like yourself doesn't mean the slightest when It comes to serious matters.

"There's no point in trying further to be serious in interactions with you, when multiple people who've worked in the industry, who have contacts in the industry are telling you (multiple times) how things really are and you ignore it and call it opinions because you're an ignorant dumb ass without a clue. "

A whopping one person came out and said they work in the industry to me, "multiple people" is another example of desperation from you. I'm sure the one and only "Patrick the expert" has managed events of 50,000 people at the Adelaide oval, aswell as rolling stones, AC DC, Midnight Oil, and Adele like the director of tiktek. You BS is hilarious rev. And yet he hasn't named any contacts. Even if hes got any they probably manage a guitarist playing at rundell mall.

You can't even comprehend what's being said to you, you're fixated on 200m tall buildings clad in glass.
Whats happened Mr town planner shot caller, did you discover Google images and wet your self?

What you think is evidence is media articles and a comment from someone with an interest in seeing a new venue that will benefit his business' bottom line (the fact it has to be spelled out to you LOL), and call it an undisputable fact based argument.
Yet when people woth either industry experience or contacts in said industry have told you you're wrong (that a new stadium won't result in every tour stopping by in Adelaide), you dismiss it as an opinion.

You're a clown.
Whether you continue to whinge and ignore my sources or not, it won't change anything. The restrictions are being pushed and a review is underway. Its called progression darling. Cope.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#277 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:57 am

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:52 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am
[Shuz] wrote:

Peoples opinions, thoughts, are now your evidence? As long as it gels with your opinion right.

But you dismiss peoples experience and knowledge here, as opinions.

Ahh, seems you're a university student based on your post. Wowee, wait until the reality that the real world is not sim city smacks you in the face.
There's no knowledge coming from your keyboard :lol: , all you've sent is a graph and sarcasm.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#278 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:59 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 am
rev wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

You're a clown.
Whether you continue to whinge and ignore my sources or not, it won't change anything. The restrictions are being pushed and a review is underway. Its called progression darling. Cope.
What you seem to be missing here is almost EVERYONE on this forum supports the removal of the current height restrictions and some members have actually been directly involved in working to ease them with the relevant authorities.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#279 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:04 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:59 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
rev wrote:

You're a clown.
What you seem to be missing here is almost EVERYONE on this forum supports the removal of the current height restrictions and some members have actually been directly involved in working to ease them with the relevant authorities.
I know, except rev who appears to be opposed to any change within the CBD. If we all agree why don't we work together to get it done?

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#280 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:09 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:04 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

I know, except rev who appears to be opposed to any change within the CBD. If we all agree why don't we work together to get it done?
I don't think he is though? People with a genuine knowledge of the situation are doing work behind the scenes in a seemingly professional and low key manner. Be patient and let them get it done.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#281 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:14 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:09 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
gnrc_louis wrote:

I don't think he is though? People with a genuine knowledge of the situation are doing work behind the scenes in a seemingly professional and low key manner. Be patient and let them get it done.
Hopefully. I imagine that would be the group which called for the review.

rev

#282 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:52 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
gnrc_louis wrote:

Im not opposed to taller buildings.
In just understand that simply changing height limits will not be a magic bullet.
Im also not opposed to a new arena, on the contrary im completely all for a new arena. In an appropriate place, for an appropriate amount of money, at an appropriate time and importantly in balance with other far more pressing priorities...like our states health care system.

But because some of us have hit him with some reality, he doesn't like his dream land being shattered so doubles down. Factual data from the experts, is just my opinion, even though I didn't collate the data the Property Council of Australia did. But what do they know, what do those of us who have worked in the events/entertainment industry or have contacts with it know. What do the promoters who run the tour and event companies know. It's not on AdelaideNow so viny doesn't count it as being true.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#283 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:00 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:52 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Im not opposed to taller buildings.
In just understand that simply changing height limits will not be a magic bullet.
Im also not opposed to a new arena, on the contrary im completely all for a new arena. In an appropriate place, for an appropriate amount of money, at an appropriate time and importantly in balance with other far more pressing priorities...like our states health care system.

But because some of us have hit him with some reality, he doesn't like his dream land being shattered so doubles down. Factual data from the experts, is just my opinion, even though I didn't collate the data the Property Council of Australia did. But what do they know, what do those of us who have worked in the events/entertainment industry or have contacts with it know. What do the promoters who run the tour and event companies know. It's not on AdelaideNow so viny doesn't count it as being true.
Provide physical names of "those who have worked in events" that are in here and I might believe you
Last edited by VinyTapestry849 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#284 Post by Will » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Everyone please take a chill pill. Thread locked for 72 hours.

rev

#285 Post by rev » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:53 pm

FB_IMG_1646306258547.jpg
Nee stadium for Tassie if the AFL grants them an AFL license.
27,000 capacity.
AFL sized stadium, obviously.
What are they proposing here for nearly $700 million that's for sports that use playing areas not even half an AFL oval? Gold plated toilets?