[PRO] Hahndorf Access Upgrade Project

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
marbles
Gold-Member ;)

[PRO] Hahndorf Access Upgrade Project

#1 Post by marbles » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:11 am

Lots of planning happening here with 3 designs in place....

So much annoying traffic goes through main street that shouldnt

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[PRO] Re: Hahndorf new freeway on ramps

#2 Post by SBD » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:51 am

marbles wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:11 am
Lots of planning happening here with 3 designs in place....

So much annoying traffic goes through main street that shouldnt
Do any of the proposed solutions address the issue very well? None of them introduce a new interchange at Echunga Road, but they all seem to have a new link road south of the freeway between River and Echunga Roads. They differ in interchange treatment at Verdun or River Road.

marbles
Gold-Member ;)

#3 Post by marbles » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:56 am

OPTION 1....

Includes a full interchange at River Road and a new link road connecting Echunga Road and River Road.

The key benefits of this option are that it provides direct access for motorists travelling in all directions, significantly improving emergency service access and creating alternate routes for vehicles that currently pass through the Hahndorf main street.
Hahndorf_Brochure_Map_1.jpg

OPTION 2....

Includes a half interchange at River Road and a link road connecting Echunga Road and River Road. The key benefits of this option are that it provides direct access for motorists travelling south, north and east, and provides alternate routes for vehicles that currently pass through the Hahndorf main street.
NEW_Hahndorf_Brochure_Map_2_v2.jpg
OPTION 3

Includes upgrading to a full interchange at Verdun with a link road connecting Echunga Road and River Road. The key benefits of this option are improved access for motorists travelling east and alternate routes for some vehicles that currently pass through the main street. However, this option does not remove all unnecessary trips through Hahndorf.
Hahndorf_Brochure_Map_3.jpg

[Shuz]

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:06 am

I don't know the area very well at all, but I don't see the logic in having a full freeway interchange so close to the existing one, so it appears to me Option 2 is the best option as it provides traffic flows in the opposite direction that does not currently exist.

I don't see the point in Option 3, as the whole point of the new interchange is to take traffic off the main street and it doesn't address this - if anything - it adds to the problem.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

marbles
Gold-Member ;)

#5 Post by marbles » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:19 am

i think option 3 on ramp at the round about is wise, as its simply a straight through from verdun, and just a 4th road at the current 3 road round about

marbles
Gold-Member ;)

#6 Post by marbles » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:59 am

how do i find out when the next public discussion meeting is for this project?

TrebleSketch
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[PRO] Re: Hahndorf Access Upgrade Project

#7 Post by TrebleSketch » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Curious if there's been any progress since then?

Has an option been selected yet?

rhino

#8 Post by rhino » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:21 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:06 am
I don't see the point in Option 3, as the whole point of the new interchange is to take traffic off the main street and it doesn't address this - if anything - it adds to the problem.
As you said, you don't know the area very well. Option 3 takes traffic from Echunga and Meadows out of the Hahndorf main street and on to a new road south of the freeway, then right on to River Road to access the interchange. River Road is well west of the main street, by a couple of km. Check it out on Google Earth to see where the main street is.
cheers,
Rhino

marbles
Gold-Member ;)

#9 Post by marbles » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:55 am

this project seems to have died in the ass

SBD

#10 Post by SBD » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:50 pm

marbles wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:55 am
It's still on the DIT website at https://www.dit.sa.gov.au/infrastructur ... ning_study which I think is a new website since the election.

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#11 Post by PD2/20 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:22 pm

SBD wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:50 pm
marbles wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:55 am
It's still on the DIT website at https://www.dit.sa.gov.au/infrastructur ... ning_study which I think is a new website since the election.
Indeed. The DIT website was updated on 22nd March and indicates construction in 2023-24.

The Mount Barker District Council last month resolved to continue collaboration with DIT and funding for the project. See Media Release Hahndorf Main Street Revitalisation.

marbles
Gold-Member ;)

#12 Post by marbles » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm

looks to me like theyre more interested in spending the $250 million on the mt barker bridge. the money was designated to hahndorf geeze :)

[email protected]
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#13 Post by [email protected] » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:42 pm

Scrapped tonight back to square one

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by Eurostar » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 pm

Verdun Interchange Upgrade

Key features of the Verdun Interchange Upgrade include:
the existing half interchange at Verdun will be upgraded to a full interchange and will include the addition of an eastbound entry ramp and westbound exit ramp;
the new proposed eastbound entry ramp (towards Mount Barker) is closely located to the South Eastern Freeway;
the new westbound exit ramp remains at grade with the existing South Eastern Freeway and will cross under the existing Verdun westbound entry ramp and connect with the proposed new roundabout located at Mount Barker Road; and
the new roundabout at Mount Barker Road will be a single-lane roundabout and suited to the expected traffic volumes and usage habits of Mount Barker residents. A roundabout in this location was selected as it provides the safest junction treatment for this area.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by NTRabbit » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:28 pm

I heard from a bird that the problems with this one are being caused in Hahndorf, not by anyone else.