[COM] Hindley St. Music Hall

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Hindley St. Music Hall

#1 Post by PeFe » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:22 pm

The old HQ nightclub is to be turned into a "small concert venue" similar to the Fortitude Valley Music Hall in Brisbane.
New huge live music venue Hindley Street Music Hall to open with nightclub and restaurant

Secret Sounds, Live Nation, Five Four Entertainment, and the team behind Brisbane’s successful Fortitude Music Hall and The Triffid venues have announced details to launch a new live music venue – Hindley Street Music Hall.

Set to become one of Adelaide’s premier live music hubs, the 1800-capacity venue will also include a separate street level nightclub and restaurant.

Set to open in August 2022, Hindley Street Music Hall will be a ground-breaking entertainment precinct for the city of Adelaide, acting as a hub for domestic and international touring artists. The venue will provide standing, seated and cabaret arrangements, offering capacities of 800 to 1800. Accommodating lovers of comedy, theatre and all music genres, the new music hall hopes to contribute to Hindley Street’s vibrant arts, music, and social scene, as well as its amazing dining and bar culture.

The venue will be located at 149 Hindley Street, in the heart of Adelaide’s energetic nightlife and live entertainment scene. The $6 million project is a large-scale redevelopment of the previous HQ nightclub that will transform the interior and exterior of the building, both structurally and aesthetically. Production specifications and room design will enhance the audio and visual experience for both artists and patrons. The new split-level design will provide a great viewing experience to fans in all parts of the venue.

The launch of this new project will create at least 60 direct employment opportunities and pathways for industry professionals, and numerous positive economic impacts to other local businesses in the South Australian hospitality and live music ecosystems.

Secret Sounds is Australia’s largest festival promotor (Splendour in the Grass, Falls Festival) and tours some of the world’s biggest artists, including Mumford and Sons, Lana Del Rey, London Grammar, Flight Facilities, Bernard Fanning, The Strokes, Gorillaz, Liam Gallagher, and more. The company has strong ties to South Australia through Spin Off Festival which launched in 2012, and this year in November will debut the brand- new Harvest Rock Festival.

Paul Piticco, Co-Founder and Co-CEO Secret Sounds said: “South Australia is the State of Art and I have long admired the value that SA puts on culture and social infrastructure. Our plan is to build one of the best music halls right here on Hindley Street, and to also do our bit filling it with the greatest local and international talent.”

Venue co-owner and Powderfinger band member John Collins has always felt strongly connected to Adelaide, with the band penning a track called ‘Hindley Street’ on their 1998 album Internationalist.

John Collins, Venue Director said: “I’m stoked to be bringing my experience and passion to a city I’ve always truly loved. We’ve spent a lot of time on the design of the venue ensuring the relationship between the performer and the audience is the best it can be, and to create an incredibly intimate space where fans feel super close and connected to the artist. I want the Hindley St Music Hall to really contribute to Adelaide’s music culture and become an artist and fan-favourite for years to come.”

Live Nation has a global venue portfolio of over 300 live entertainment venues, including the Palais Theatre in Melbourne and Spark Arena in Auckland, which have unrivalled access to local and international artists.

Live Nation’s experience will assist the venue in attracting the highest calibre of performers to music fans in South Australia.

Roger Field, President Live Nation Asia Pacific, said: “Hindley Street Music Hall will be a great new addition to our venues across Australia. The venue will ensure the continued development of the city’s incredible live entertainment scene and will attract amazing performances for local music fans to enjoy while also creating jobs for the local community.”

Five Four Entertainment has grown into one of South Australia’s largest concert and festival promotors. They run various large scale music festivals in South Australia, including Spin Off Festival and St Jerome’s Laneway Festival. In 2019, Five Four opened Lion Arts Factory a purpose built 500 capacity music venue. Located on North Terrace, the venue is an award-winning premier medium size venue.

Craig Lock, Founder of Five Four Entertainment said: “As a proud South Australian who has worked in the local music industry for more than 10 years, I am extremely excited to be part of this project. Having a venue of this size and quality will no doubt increase the calibre of artists willing to play in SA. Music fans should be really excited about this venue cementing Adelaide as part of global touring circuit.”

The venue is preparing to host several world-class acts, including UK electronic-pop duo Honne, the harmoniously interactive Pub Choir, and a slew of international and domestic talent yet to be announced.

The soon to be announced Official Launch Party of Hindley Street Music Hall will be “a celebration of South Australia’s finest musical acts, both past and present as the focal point of the night” says Piticco.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/new-huge-li ... estaurant/

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: [PRO] Hindley St. Music Hall

#2 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:08 pm

hmm

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by Norman » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:24 pm

Re-activating the HQ site is crucial in re-activating that part of Hindley Street, so this is great news! Hopefully this time they can property use the large site, because the previous owners were having plenty of issues keeping the place active week-round.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by SRW » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:12 pm

The $6 million project is a large-scale redevelopment of the previous HQ nightclub that will transform the interior and exterior of the building, both structurally and aesthetically.
It's hideous as it stands, so pretty much anything they do will be an improvement. Great outcome for the West End.
Keep Adelaide Weird

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by A-Town » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:37 pm

Norman wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:24 pm
Re-activating the HQ site is crucial in re-activating that part of Hindley Street, so this is great news! Hopefully this time they can property use the large site, because the previous owners were having plenty of issues keeping the place active week-round.
Correct. The place was soulless, dim and daggy during the day. A very unappealing place to have lunch when there are far better options close to the vicinity.

Algernon

#6 Post by Algernon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:13 pm

What happens to the tower development then?

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by SouthAussie94 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 pm

Algernon wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:13 pm
What happens to the tower development then?
The tower development is for the old old HQ site at the corner of West/North Terrace.

This is for the new old HQ site on Hindley Street
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by floplo » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 am

They are selling tickets for concerts in August, so seemingly on track for an opening by then
https://hindleymusichall.com.au/

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by SRW » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:42 am

floplo wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 am
They are selling tickets for concerts in August, so seemingly on track for an opening by then
https://hindleymusichall.com.au/
I saw interior work (or gutting, at least) taking place about 2 weeks ago.
Keep Adelaide Weird

PeFe

#10 Post by PeFe » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Completed
From Glam Adelaide
FIRST LOOK: Hindley Street Music Hall is Adelaide’s newest music and entertainment venue

Adelaide’s live music scene is about to get a whole lot better when the Hindley Street Music Halls (HSMH) opens its doors for the first time tonight.

The long-awaited venue takes over the old HQ site, a place that holds many memories for so many South Australians, that has been revamped with a $6 million facelift both inside and out, to make it the ultimate live music venue. Holding up to 1800 people, owners are hoping this will entice bigger artists to finally put Adelaide on their tour map.

“I’m incredibly excited to open the Hindley Street Music Hall, a venue designed with the core focus of creating absolute connection between artists and fans, delivering the ultimate live music experience,” said venue co-owner and Powderfinger band member John Collins.

“I look forward to seeing the Hindley Street Music Hall contribute to and further develop Adelaide’s rich musical culture and become an artist and fan-favourite for years to come.”

A collaborative project between Secret Sounds, Live Nation, and Five Four Entertainment, HSMH is already securing itself as a premier touring destination with artists including Vance Joy, US Rapper Freddie Gibbs, legendary punk idols Pennywise, and 90’s pop icons Hanson along with key Australian acts Ziggy Alberts, The Chats, already secured to play at the venue.

More than a place to see your favourite acts, the multi-level HSMH will also operate as a club on the ground level from September 30th that will operate separately from the music venue.

Tonight’s opening party will see DMAs, West Thebarton, Wafia, and Jess Day christening the venue with Nova’s Ben and Liam hosting the evening.
There are a few tickets still available and can be purchased here.

Hindley Street Music Hall is located at 49 Hindley Street, Adelaide.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/first-look- ... ent-venue/

Nathan

#11 Post by Nathan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:36 pm

I went along to the opening night last night, and the venue is good. I think they've nailed that middle ground between The Gov and Thebby. Either on the floor on on the balcony everyone is reasonably close to the stage, and it's a good atmosphere with the floor full.

GreenMan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#12 Post by GreenMan » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:41 am

I still can’t believe what happened with HQ.

I am not sure how the owners ever justified spending a few million dollars on a nightclub which is only open one or two nights per week !

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#13 Post by timtam20292 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Thread title should be changed to complete now.

I’ll be seeing Hanson at this venue in November :D