[PRO] Fmr Franklin Street Bus Station | Tapangka | 26/18 Lvls | Mixed-Use Precinct

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[PRO] Re: Fmr Franklin Street Bus Station | Tapangka | Mixed-Use Precinct

#16 Post by SRW » Tue May 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Algernon wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:44 pm
Llessur2002 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:38 pm
So who becomes the landlord? Does the developer retain ownership of the building, or can this be purchased by another party? If so, what are the controls (if any) over onselling of the building and whether or not apartments can ever be converted to private ownership? Is this a regulated area, or is it a bit of a free-for-all?
If it were a BTR scheme, the developer would retain ownership of all the apartments and provide all the services associated. A BTR development is really like having a single source for everything rather than an agent acting in between.

This isn't a BTR, it's a public development or maybe will be a PPP to fund it. You'd expect management to remain with the state government because it's just a fancy way of saying public housing but using a fancy and wrong name for it.
I'm not expecting the government to retain ownership or management here. There's no mention of social housing as part of this precinct, only 'affordable', which is technically not territory the government currently operates (though council has and the state maybe should).

Renewal SA's media release claims it will be the 'master developer', so I expect it to proceed in a commercial manner similar to Bowden or Keswick, with the apparent exception that design has been determined prior to private partner. Note, the government is also supporting BTR with Flagship at Kent Town and a yet-to-be named community housing partner at Eastwood.

I wonder (hope) if we'll see the government procure the West End Brewery and New Mayfield sites for similar projects on quicker timelines.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

[PRO] Re: Fmr Franklin Street Bus Station | Tapangka | 26/18 Lvls | Mixed-Use Precinct

#17 Post by Mpol02 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:36 am

As a development for the city this rocks.

As another beige set of box designs, not as much.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: Fmr Franklin Street Bus Station | Tapangka | 26/18 Lvls | Mixed-Use Precinct

#18 Post by muzzamo » Wed May 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Dupe post
Last edited by muzzamo on Wed May 03, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by muzzamo » Wed May 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Watching that video looks like the woke mind virus has infected renewal SA.

A derelict bus terminal sits on a specific named location for kaurna people to meet? Really?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by Will » Wed May 03, 2023 5:13 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:00 pm

A derelict bus terminal sits on a specific named location for kaurna people to meet? Really?
My thoughts entirely. It’s all getting ridiculous these days.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#21 Post by Nort » Wed May 03, 2023 5:45 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:00 pm

God forbid that in the city named after a European royal, on a street named after a European, near the central boulevard named after a European king and the central square named after a European Queen that we have anything with Kaurna influence.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#22 Post by SRW » Wed May 03, 2023 7:04 pm

Nort wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:45 pm
God forbid that in the city named after a European royal, on a street named after a European, near the central boulevard named after a European king and the central square named after a European Queen that we have anything with Kaurna influence.
Exactly this. Why shouldn't our city reflect all aspects of our history, giving a nod to the Kaurna by using their word for the objective of this precinct. If that offends you, then you'd do well to get out more and obsess less.
Last edited by SRW on Wed May 03, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Adelaide Weird

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#23 Post by muzzamo » Wed May 03, 2023 7:09 pm

I’m also not sure why a video like this starts with a welcome to country.

At the end of the day this is just an high density apartment project. And what I’m seeing is more money given to the aboriginal elites who would have worked as consultants on the project.
Last edited by muzzamo on Wed May 03, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#24 Post by SRW » Wed May 03, 2023 7:23 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:09 pm
I’m also not sure why a video like this starts with a welcome to country.
Not sure why we need to know, but thanks for sharing. This may help you on your way: it's an acknowledgement of country, which many organisations now incorporate as part of their reconciliation action plans. Particularly apropos for a land development agency on colonised land I think, remembering too that this video was part of a formal announcement. A welcome to country is only delivered by traditional owners (or their delegates) of the land on which an event takes place. But the fact you're throwing around reactionary catch phrases tells me you're not questioning in good faith, so perhaps you can just leave the culture wars off this development forum.
Keep Adelaide Weird

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#25 Post by muzzamo » Wed May 03, 2023 7:54 pm

Thanks for the lecture -

I’d say it’s more appropriate to leave the culture wars out of their announcement. They could have kept it race and culture-war agnostic and stuck to the merits of the development, but didn’t. Instead they dive straight into it by making political statements in the opening seconds.
Last edited by muzzamo on Wed May 03, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#26 Post by SRW » Wed May 03, 2023 8:07 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:54 pm
Thanks for the lecture -

I’d say it’s more appropriate to leave the culture wars out of their announcement. They could have kept it race and culture-war agnostic and stuck to the merits of the development, but didn’t. Instead they dive straight into it.
I'd say at best you're being reductive, at worst inflammatory. Either way, smells like more war waging. Honestly, stress less, and let's keep to the topic.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nort

#27 Post by Nort » Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 pm

muzzamo wrote:
Thanks for the lecture -

I’d say it’s more appropriate to leave the culture wars out of their announcement. They could have kept it race and culture-war agnostic and stuck to the merits of the development, but didn’t. Instead they dive straight into it by making political statements in the opening seconds.
Saying that it has no place is you making just as much of a political statement.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed May 03, 2023 10:44 pm

Nort wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 pm
muzzamo wrote:
Thanks for the lecture -

Saying that it has no place is you making just as much of a political statement.
Difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who uses phrases like "woke mind virus." There's plenty of places named using Aboriginal words - both old and new, it's hardly a new thing and certainly not a problem.

Nort

#29 Post by Nort » Thu May 04, 2023 8:08 am

gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:44 pm
Nort wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 pm
muzzamo wrote:
Thanks for the lecture -

Difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who uses phrases like "woke mind virus." There's plenty of places named using Aboriginal words - both old and new, it's hardly a new thing and certainly not a problem.
Exactly.

Algernon

#30 Post by Algernon » Thu May 04, 2023 4:15 pm

Fuck it, I'm calling the development "Bob."