How old are you?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
stelaras
High Rise Poster!

Re: How old are you?

#46 Post by stelaras » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 am

skyliner wrote:Stelaris - while this train of thought is going, I thought I'd mention how impressed I have been with your posts - great depth, insight, valuable projections - I picked up some ago that you must have had some kind of extended academic background -and that you seemed to have a good degee of experience to refer to in your posts - am I right?. Overall I find your posts cause me to think and sometimes re evaluate.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER SKYLINE
Thanks Skyliner, I'm Honoured

You are correct in you assumptions, i do have a very extended academic background. However, none of it is in the building/development/planning or architecture fields. My niche is purely medical. However, i do have an interest in planning/development and general politics and i research these topics as much as possible when time permits.
Extensive travel to a fair few cities (larger and smaller than Adelaide) has opened my eyes to things that may or may not work in our beautiful city. Interestingly, observation and communication in people from the general public to the elite
decision makers gives one a good perspective on how people think and perceive a certain situation and hence how they react.

I guess what i try and do, is think about things removing the emotion and stupidity which tends to jade things a little...and focus just on the facts (dogmatic and anti) to come to some sort of perspective. I can't say ive always got it right though!

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#47 Post by Cruise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:01 pm

This is the sort of thing i wanted to find out, the older members seem to have well thought out posts while the younger ones seem. to have a lot more one line silly remarks such as saying "all people in the northern suburbs are pot smoking bums".
Now i wont say who said that but most of the time these sort of posts never contribute positively to any disscussion

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#48 Post by Diamond » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:11 pm

stelaras wrote: My niche is purely medical.
Which part of the medical field are you in?
I am currently studying Radiography.
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#49 Post by stelaras » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Diamondov wrote:[

Which part of the medical field are you in?
Good luck with the Study, Its a difficult course to complete!

I started out in the Sciences and ended up with a PhD in Medicine and have a computing/environmental degrees in between. Currently iam a Senior Research Fellow at a world renown institute in Melbourne were i conduct basic and clinical research in cancer therapies.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#50 Post by stelaras » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Cruise Control wrote:the older members seem to have well thought out posts while the younger ones seem. to have a lot more one line silly remarks such as saying "all people in the northern suburbs are pot smoking bums".
Im sure these comments are just made in jest and nothing harmful is ever meant. I have been known to make tongue n cheek remarks quite often.

I must admit that i have learn't a fair bit from the "younger blokes" on this forum. I think these things go both ways. The important thing is to be ameneable to learning from people that are younger than you, as well as people that are older than you. ..

Some of the biggest lessons in life i learn't when i was a teenager, have been from talking to senior citizens!

Life isn't about how much you know, but how much you learn in life (i don't mean that in a pure academic sense)

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#51 Post by Pikey » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:42 am

Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#52 Post by skyliner » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 am

Stelaris and Cruise control - with reference to your last posts - I can say I've learnt a lot from the youger ones on this forum - being in 'remote area contact' ' in Brisbane is like trying to contibute something useful to people who have already enhanced my underatnding of the point of concern- and often several jumps ahead.

However, it is also good to read posts from older people due to their experience, knowledge and resultant perceptions. Thus, hope my experience and related comments will be of value. Eg. Like Mr. Renfrey, I have seen the Webb steam engines and have seen the original tram system in operation. Drawing on this kind of thing helps with valid discussion.

I am a humanities teacher of some experience now. This has enabled me to decipheranalyse what is really meant when people speak/write.

Retirement beckons - then I will be able to spend more research time on Adelaide . (As T did when teaching urban geography about Adelaide).

Love how you all see Adelaide as such a great place - I thought I was isolated for years on this.(The interest had strongly developed by 1975)1

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER SKYLINE
Jack.

Heru
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#53 Post by Heru » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:09 am

I am 37 years old.

Maximus_Marc
Gold-Member ;)

#54 Post by Maximus_Marc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:49 pm

18 and almost 1 month. I had to kiss goodbye my sweet childhood :(

trdrz
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#55 Post by trdrz » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:36 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by trdrz on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#56 Post by Will409 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:57 pm

I am still ahead by about 2 months (come July 8). Officially, I am 17 years, 1 month and 23 days old.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Done
Gold-Member ;)

#57 Post by Done » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:26 pm

May as well post something, pretty sure I am the youngest, I'm a wee 14. :D.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#58 Post by Edgar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm

I'm 23 and had just finished my uni!

It was a long wait, but well worth it.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#59 Post by bm7500 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Im 30 (until May) :wink:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#60 Post by wilkiebarkid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:47 pm

No one told me that this was a Contiki forum!!