[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
how good is he
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#121 Post by how good is he » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

Yep I know thats the route I was wondering where they could fit a terminal/tram hub in/near the shopping centre...

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#122 Post by pushbutton » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:57 pm

There's very little spare land left on the actual shopping centre. I think it would have to go on the AAMI stadium land.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#123 Post by how good is he » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am

That's my point...while its ok it will still be prob. 200m from the shops and bus interchange. I look forward to seeing a concept plan to see how they are going to do it.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#124 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Port Adelaide Fan wrote:Great photos.

Have got a question Buses will depart from different zones at West Lakes Centre Interchange from first service Thursday 14 March 2013 until further notice due to the redevelopment of Westfield West Lakes.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... ne-Changes

why would this be ?
Looks like it is to remove conflicts between buses and cars entering & leaving the ramp to the new car park. Buses turn right to exit interchange under the existing car park instead of the 'scenic tour' behind the library etc. Two zones remain under the car park, with a new zone at right angles on exit road.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#126 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:39 pm

It might also be something to do with the fact they're introducing parking controls with boom gates at the entrances to the carpark. Buses will need an appropriate way to get in and out. I'm not sure how that's going to work though, but maybe it will be part of the reason for making changes to the bus interchange.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#127 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am

According to today's DJ's half yeary profit announcment West lakes store is under review as lease expires in 2015 and they are determining if they will renew. I always thought a Myer would be better suited to the area but this would leave Adelaide with only 2 David Jones stores. WA has 4 VIC 6 QLD 7 NSW 17

Adeguy72
Gold-Member ;)

#128 Post by Adeguy72 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Ben wrote:According to today's DJ's half yeary profit announcment West lakes store is under review as lease expires in 2015 and they are determining if they will renew. I always thought a Myer would be better suited to the area but this would leave Adelaide with only 2 David Jones stores. WA has 4 VIC 6 QLD 7 NSW 17
I noticed this announcement too - think it is probably a given they will either not renew the lease or will downsize the store.
The demographics of the area just don't suit a DJ's.
2 stores in Adelaide is probably about right, given DJ's want to move sales online. With a population of 1.1 million 2 stores is probably equal to the alloaction in the other states / cities given their larger population - ie 1 store for about 1/2 a million of population.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#129 Post by crawf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:52 pm

There is quite bit of wealth around West Lakes, Tennyson, Henley Beach etc

Even the demagraphic around Semaphore is changing.

Patrick_27

#130 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Adeguy72 wrote:
Ben wrote:According to today's DJ's half yeary profit announcment West lakes store is under review as lease expires in 2015 and they are determining if they will renew. I always thought a Myer would be better suited to the area but this would leave Adelaide with only 2 David Jones stores. WA has 4 VIC 6 QLD 7 NSW 17
I noticed this announcement too - think it is probably a given they will either not renew the lease or will downsize the store.
The demographics of the area just don't suit a DJ's.
2 stores in Adelaide is probably about right, given DJ's want to move sales online. With a population of 1.1 million 2 stores is probably equal to the alloaction in the other states / cities given their larger population - ie 1 store for about 1/2 a million of population.
IMO I think they're just shafting Adelaide. Two stores for Adelaide, whilst they increase their store numbers in Victoria. They're about to construct a DJ's at Malvern Central, which to compare to an Adelaide shopping centre, it about the same size as Norwood Place. Whilst doing all that in Victoria; after a series of offers, they didn't want to build a shop-front in Burnside Village, which was right down their alley in terms of demographic. No loss really, Harris Scarf are beginning to expand their empire now, it'd be nice to see them take up residency in more of the larger suburban shopping centres. :)

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#131 Post by pushbutton » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm

If Harris Scarfe are moving towards a more upmarket type of store (as it would seem based on early photos of their Rundle Place store) they'd certainly be well suited to taking over any vacated David Jones store I think.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#132 Post by Ben » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

Theres already a Harris Scarfe at West lakes though

claybro

#133 Post by claybro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Ben wrote:Theres already a Harris Scarfe at West lakes though
It's tiny, hardly worth the effort.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#134 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Ben wrote:Theres already a Harris Scarfe at West lakes though
Harris Scarfe could move into David Jones, and the existing Harris Scarfe site could become something like a Best and Less

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#135 Post by pushbutton » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

That's what happened at Arndale, except Harris Scarfe moved into John Martins not David Jones