[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $95m

#137 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 pm

pushbutton wrote:That's what happened at Arndale, except Harris Scarfe moved into John Martins not David Jones
And Elizabeth, which eventually became Myer, but could possibly go back to being Harris Scarfe next year when Myer moves out.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#138 Post by Xaragmata » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 am

Last week:

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#139 Post by pushbutton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 am

Exterior wall cladding is now being added, but so far looks like typical 1990s Westfield cladding and it's hard to see how it could blend in with the existing building. Given that previous extensions went to considerable lengths to ensure they blended well with the pre-existing building, it will be disappointing if this one doesn't.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#140 Post by pushbutton » Sun May 12, 2013 3:51 pm

There is now more information on display in the centre (where the old Harris Scarfe mall entrance was) showing detailed floor plans, sample finishes (some of which look very retro, but not in a good way so hopefully won't actually be included), and even exact opening dates! They haven't included any interior or exterior building images though, so we can probably safely assume they will be pleasant, but nothing special.

Stage 1 opens 27 June - about 6 or 7 new specialty shops located next to David Jones (ground floor) which will have the first part of the new mall between them.

Stage 2 opens 24 October - Target, about 40 more specialty shops.

Not sure whether the new rooftop carpark opens with stage 1 or stage 2, but it does look like it could well be with stage 1.

There will be a new entrance into David Jones from the new mall, and the new mall will also connect into where the old Harris Scarfe mall entry was, and into the ground floor mall just near David Jones.

There will be a new external entrance into the new mall facing towards West Lakes Blvd.

The bad news is there doesn't seem to be any direct access from the new rooftop carpark into the level one mall (or at least I couldn't see one on the plans) so it looks like if you park up there you'll have to use lifts or travelators to get down to the mall, and that the parking control boom gates and associated infrastructure (that nobody other than Westfield wanted) is now being installed!
Last edited by pushbutton on Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#141 Post by Torrens_5022 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 pm

I was looking at the centre map of the extension at West Lakes earlier - there seems to be shops or something on the top level connected to the back of rebel sport and JB hi-fi, there's' also the corridor between those two shops, I think that those two shops will have an entrance off the new carpark, they have had there back walls removed and moved forward (making store smaller) - this must be so they can get an extension and frontage to new carpark.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#142 Post by pushbutton » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Torrens_5022 wrote:I was looking at the centre map of the extension at West Lakes earlier - there seems to be shops or something on the top level connected to the back of rebel sport and JB hi-fi, there's' also the corridor between those two shops, I think that those two shops will have an entrance off the new carpark, they have had there back walls removed and moved forward (making store smaller) - this must be so they can get an extension and frontage to new carpark.
Didn't realise that. Well if they are going to get a frontage onto the rooftop carpark that would certainly be a good thing. I still think there should be a mall entry from there too and maybe there will be. It might end up being a very narrow one where you enter from that corridor you mentioned, maybe.

JonHarker
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#143 Post by JonHarker » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Any word on what stores other than Target are moving in?

I've heard rumours of an Italian Cafe to be located at the new entrance to the right of David Jones entrance (expect similar to Bravo), a CIBO and a gym, but not sure what brand. Jetts tried to get in across the road a few months back but were knocked back due to their 24/7 access, but nothing on the Jetts website... Maybe Fitness First? Westpac also to move opposite Zaks (looks as though framework going in already) - supposed to open June.

Any other rumours?

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#144 Post by Torrens_5022 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I think it says it will be caffè buongiorno on the new floor plan - next to the post office

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#146 Post by how good is he » Thu May 23, 2013 2:50 pm

If you actually look closely at the picture above [right hand side][ you will see the cafe going in is Cafe Brunelli ... probably the same owners as the Rundle St one.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#147 Post by Allkai » Thu May 23, 2013 4:26 pm

JonHarker wrote:
Jetts tried to get in across the road a few months back but were knocked back due to their 24/7 access, but nothing on the Jetts website... Maybe Fitness First? Any other rumours?
Doubt it - theyve all shut up shop in SA havent they?

An Anytime Fitness close to home would be handy! :lol:

JonHarker
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#148 Post by JonHarker » Thu May 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Actually yes it appears on Jett's website there is nothing!
Wonder who, anyone will really be a win for the area, we need a decent gym.
Rents are up there with Westfield so probably a chain I would say.
The Italian cafe looks nice, just checked the website, it's the old Bongiourno site in Rundle street
and I heard the owners of Bongoumo were trying to
get back into Infinity Waters, the complex opposite.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#149 Post by Allkai » Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 am

JonHarker wrote:Actually yes it appears on Jett's website there is nothing!
Wonder who, anyone will really be a win for the area, we need a decent gym.
Que? :D

I was referring to Fitness First.

They have sold up all their SA locations.

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#150 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Fri May 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Paid parking edges closer at West Lakes Mall

PAID parking will be introduced at West Lakes Shopping Centre from October, to coincide with the completion of a $95 million redevelopment of the centre.

The first stage of the centre's overhaul will open on June 27, featuring a rooftop carpark with 150 spaces, six renovated shopfronts and a new cafe and travel agent.

The second stage of the makeover will open on October 24, with more than 40 specialty shops and a Target.

Centre manager Cathy Main said once the work was finished, the centre would introduce paid parking on its grounds.

Parking would be free to customers for the first three hours and also after 6pm.

more