News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: New Retail in the CBD

#121 Post by SRW » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 pm

jk1237 wrote:There used to be a bar/cafe called Sarahs cafe on Leigh St (near Hindley) that had a alley access way next to it where 2 or 3 cars always parked. I always wished that the alleyway could have been made into some form of an outdoor alfresco area. Anyway that Sarahs has closed

Well my wish has come true, when I walked past yesterday. A new Spanish bar has opened up. Name sounds something like Casablanca and is cool. The inside is great but they have developed a lovely beer garden down that alleyway that ooozes with atmosphere. Have a look. This is the stuff that Adelaide needs more of
Went the other night. The tapas isn't the best, and the service could be better, but they're relatively new so I'll give them some leeway. But, like you said, the atmosphere is pretty great.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#122 Post by Ben » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Unfortunatly I do not know who is to take up this space but fit out has already begun.
Space claimed in Rundle Mall
Agents of CB Richard Ellis have successfully leased the first floor of Adelaide’s Regent Arcade, removing a substantial amount of retail space from the market and further reducing the vacancy rate in Rundle Mall.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#123 Post by AtD » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Maybe it's going to be a Krispy Kremes.

vik_man
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#124 Post by vik_man » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Ben wrote:Unfortunatly I do not know who is to take up this space but fit out has already begun.
Agents of CB Richard Ellis have successfully leased the first floor of Adelaide’s Regent Arcade, removing a substantial amount of retail space from the market and further reducing the vacancy rate in Rundle Mall.
is that where the A-mart was?

man I hope something good goes there.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#125 Post by Hooligan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:21 am

AtD wrote:Maybe it's going to be a Krispy Kremes.
You watch your mouth

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#126 Post by Shuz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:33 am

Did someone say Krispy Kremes?

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#127 Post by SRW » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#128 Post by Ben » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 pm

vik_man wrote:
Ben wrote:Unfortunatly I do not know who is to take up this space but fit out has already begun.
is that where the A-mart was?

man I hope something good goes there.
Nah this is the newly renovated northern part (ex cinema) really big area.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#129 Post by Will » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:32 am

SRW wrote:
jk1237 wrote:There used to be a bar/cafe called Sarahs cafe on Leigh St (near Hindley) that had a alley access way next to it where 2 or 3 cars always parked. I always wished that the alleyway could have been made into some form of an outdoor alfresco area. Anyway that Sarahs has closed

Well my wish has come true, when I walked past yesterday. A new Spanish bar has opened up. Name sounds something like Casablanca and is cool. The inside is great but they have developed a lovely beer garden down that alleyway that ooozes with atmosphere. Have a look. This is the stuff that Adelaide needs more of
Went the other night. The tapas isn't the best, and the service could be better, but they're relatively new so I'll give them some leeway. But, like you said, the atmosphere is pretty great.
What kind of Tapas dishes did they have?

As a fan of real tapas, I am usually disappointed to discover when the 'tapas' sold is actually minituarised modern Australian dishes or antipasto.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#130 Post by Allkai » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 am

I heard long ago (during the fitout works) that it was going to be J B HiFi, but since then JB's have re-located within the old David Jones building, so I guess not.

Would have been a good fit I thought, with much more space for TV displays etc that they dont have the room for where they are.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#131 Post by Mants » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:15 pm

as i stated in another thread, i have heard from a half reliable source that globalize will be setting up a large store above adidas in the regent arcade.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#132 Post by SRW » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Will wrote:
SRW wrote:

What kind of Tapas dishes did they have?

As a fan of real tapas, I am usually disappointed to discover when the 'tapas' sold is actually minituarised modern Australian dishes or antipasto.
You'll be disappointed then (as was I), because it's the latter with perhaps a tortilla de patatas thrown in here or there. Stick to the drinks.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#133 Post by Ben » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Alannah Hill is opening on Rundle Street in November.

kimmy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#134 Post by kimmy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:28 am

OMG is this true Ben? I have been waiting to hear something like this since forever.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#135 Post by Ben » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 am

Yep Alannah Hill, Zimmerman and Lisa Ho all open by the end of the month. :)