Van Nguyen

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

Van Nguyen

#1 Post by Al » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:35 pm

I've always thought our neighbours across the border in Melbourne are a pretty strange lot. I mean turning right in a left lane, and that stuff they drink call VB... I truly hope a miracle does happen for Van.

When this story began spreading across the media, I thought perhaps Van should hang because of the damage his actions will inflict on others but something has never sat right with the thought of his sentence. I guess anyone only needs to imagine being in his mother's place or Van's position as the noose is placed around his neck on Friday morning. I'd say lock him up for life if need be but his crime does not warrant his life. His drugs are no longer in circulation so what is the point of taking another life due to drugs?

I guess this whole sad affair has changed many people, including myself and for what's it worth, I pray for him even though I'm not religious in any way.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Howie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:06 pm

I just had dinner with a few guys in melbourne who went to high school with van... whilst he's not the angel the media portray him as, i still feel sad for him and his family especially his brother who was the main reason he made the decision to smuggle drugs out of singapore.

Drugs are serious.. but i don't believe two wrongs make a right. He's only 25, and has plenty of time to change his ways.. but sadly that's gonna be it for him, I don't think singapore's ever let a foreigner caught smuggling off the hook.

I'll be praying for him and his family come december 2nd. :(

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Will » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:21 pm

Yes he should be punished, but the death penalty is too severe for his crime.